GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI Pictures

ick

Ready to race!
Early photos, right after sport spring install.

ick

Ready to race!
Thanks! I'm fighting the urge to drop it. My last 3 vehicles were dropped and I'm still enjoying a nice riding suspension... Maybe if someone recommends a nice riding, mild drop.........Don't know how long I can hold out though... ;)

Exhaust is fairly simple. Cut right at the muffler, welded 'Y' pipe in place, ran tails out through OEM GTI rear valence. Cost about $350 total at a local exhaust shop. The majority of the cost was parts ($120-stainless tips, $130 valence, $100 labor/pipes). Sounds no different than before and looks 100% better.

You might want to consider the Eibach Driver Gear Sport Springs... designed to work with the stock struts and doesn't affect the ride except to improve the handling. About 1" of drop. See photos above. :thumbsup:

rtcarlin

You might want to consider the Eibach Driver Gear Sport Springs... designed to work with the stock struts and doesn't affect the ride except to improve the handling. About 1" of drop. See photos above. :thumbsup:

From what I've read, the TDI's come with a sport suspension very similar to the characteristics of Drivers Gear springs... That was my first thought for a reasonable compromise vs. the coilovers. I've got a terrible suspicion that next tax season, my will-power will be broken.... :23:

ick

Ready to race!
From what I've read, the TDI's come with a sport suspension very similar to the characteristics of Drivers Gear springs... That was my first thought for a reasonable compromise vs. the coilovers. I've got a terrible suspicion that next tax season, my will-power will be broken.... :23:

Admittedly it is a subtle improvement, but an improvement nonetheless. I've had a few compliments on the car already from the GTI crew.

saucer

Leadfoot
Exhaust is fairly simple. Cut right at the muffler, welded 'Y' pipe in place, ran tails out through OEM GTI rear valence. Cost about $350 total at a local exhaust shop. The majority of the cost was parts ($120-stainless tips, $130 valence, $100 labor/pipes). Sounds no different than before and looks 100% better.

Yeah I've researched it and plan on upgrading soon... was just wondering if you installed an OEM GTI catback or an aftermarket like a Borla. So if I'm reading this correctly, you just sized up some generic pipe and simply threw on some stainless tips? Pretty cool, I'll have to consider that option as well - looks great :)

GermanCarPlease

Ready to race!
Thanks! I'm fighting the urge to drop it. My last 3 vehicles were dropped and I'm still enjoying a nice riding suspension... Maybe if someone recommends a nice riding, mild drop.........Don't know how long I can hold out though... ;)

I too was thinking that I wouldn't drop my TDI since I really liked its drive out of the box. I did however cave and get the H&R sport springs. They didn't lower it by much but I LOVE the look and the ride is really close to stock. I noticed more from the rim upgrade than the springs. Im going to copy your exhaust soon enough. Car looks great, just tall.

SeaDsl

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are my pics of my CW TDI.

Attachments

• SAM_0138.jpg
    SAM_0138.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 515
  • SAM_0127.jpg
    SAM_0127.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 543
  • SAM_0124.jpg
    SAM_0124.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 551

aditya369us

Ready to race!

is it just me, or does the steering wheel rim from the golf tdi look very similar to the steering wheel rim of this car ???????

SeaDsl

Passed Driver's Ed
^^^ Thanks. I still have a couple more mods next - mostly lighting related. And then I will go for rtcarlin's dual outlet GTI exhaust mod. In a year, I will start to look for rims... most likely gunmetal VMR V708 (the RS4 replica).

I am loving my Golf TDI!!!

Golf_TDI1

Passed Driver's Ed
here's my TDI :) just got it back today from getting the GTI bumper installed and reiger side skirts and front lip.

R LED tails arrived today as well as the gti rear diffuser for the dual exhaust conversion.

just need to decide on a set of wheels now and toss in the GTI sprigs that I have to lower it that 3/4 of an inch :)

suggestion are welcome for wheels... been eyeing the VMR's but can't decide which ones... think I'll roll with gloss black though.

let me know our thoughts

I also debugged the rear so it looks nice and clean :)

Sent from my iPhone

I see what your trying to do.. and I can imagine how the end result will look.. but as of right now.. it just looks weird.. huge wheel gap.. 17" wheels.. just looks like someone slapped a body kit on an economy car..

but again.. I think it will look amazing when your done..

saucer

Leadfoot
I see what your trying to do.. and I can imagine how the end result will look.. but as of right now.. it just looks weird.. huge wheel gap.. 17" wheels.. just looks like someone slapped a body kit on an economy car..

but again.. I think it will look amazing when your done..

Agreed. I see so many people making backward upgrades, ruining the way their car looks for a few months or completely running out of money and getting stuck with half an unpainted body kit. :iono:

In my opinion, unless you're throwing on modest wheels, you should always drop a car first. This will make almost any wheel look twice as good and compliment every single other upgrade.