GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Blaznjoe

1. Blaznjoe

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Tucked underneath the car, passenger side, near the rear suspension swing arm mount. Easy to access but those clips can be a pain in ass to undo.
  2. Blaznjoe

CBFA engines (with secondary air pump) were used in a few states.
  3. Blaznjoe

The secondary air pump is a significant part of emissions so I doubt you can trick it. Did you place the OEM intake back on and it’s still giving you an error?
  4. Blaznjoe

Wow, the new taillights are cool! (y) Where did you buy em from and how much? I seen a pair on ebay but very pricey.
  5. Blaznjoe

There are no sealing washers (drain/fill) on the manual transmissions for the GTI either. However, I believe it is suggested that you replace the plug after removing it. Coincidently, the diffs and transfer case of my 08' Touareg are similar in that there are no sealing washers on the plugs and...
  6. Blaznjoe

Who's owned their car the longest?

Bought my 2012 GTI in January of 2012 so that’s exactly 11 years now and 72k miles. At the end of 2017 it was designated as a weekend “Sunday Driver” as I picked up a used daily SUV. The GTI is still fun to drive and to manually shift gears 😄
  7. Blaznjoe

My Golf R journey begins

Bummer about the CAT delay but your R will be back in action next month :cool: Sucks that you Covid but hope you're able to recoup fast and still have a Merry Christmas! 🍻
  8. Blaznjoe

Better strut spreader

Nice find! 👍🏼 This would also work well with the MK7 rigs/aluminum strut carriers. Per my experience on an MK7, the aluminum strut carriers gets a little chewed up using the standard socket strut spreader.
  9. Blaznjoe

I used a ratchet strap when I did mine to alignment the rear mount. Like a few folks stated already, mount the front bushing (arm) first.
  10. Blaznjoe

My Golf R journey begins

Do these air deflectors attached to the front part of the lower control arms? Also, can you share the part number(s) for these?
  11. Blaznjoe

My Golf R journey begins

Unable to PM you. The system states that your profile does not allow private messages. (Maybe you blocked me? :cry: )
  12. Blaznjoe

2013 GTI - K04 Build

How many total miles on the engine?
  13. Blaznjoe

I have the iAbed oil pan and had to trim a piece off the new shield in order to clear the oil pump housing. (Shown below.) And yes, you do not reuse the plastic OEM baffle, however, you still need to reuse all but one screw that was holding the baffle as I believe it secures the oil pickup line.
  14. Blaznjoe

My Golf R journey begins

I’m voting “NO” on the flares as well. Just in case you’re having second thoughts 🤣 Your rig is really nice 👍🏼
  15. Blaznjoe

Chris' 2011 GTI

Wow! That’s cool machining work you did there! 👍🏼 Can you take before/after pics of the strut results?