GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by blingdub

1. B

What did you do to your MK6 today?

this was the condition of my valves and fuel injectors.... i'm actually surprised how bad it was already. the car only had 7000 miles on it since it was done by a shop... the liqui moly valve clean is magic. it loosens up the carbon really fast. obviously not as clean as walnut...
  2. B

i finally built up the courage to DIY and take the intake manifold off. i was plagued with a P2015 fault and i didn't want to pay another $1k+ to get the damn thing replaced. the last manifold lasted just over 13 months before failing. i had a shop do the work and did carbon cleaning at the...
  3. B

looks like my annual CEL is due, P2015 intake manifold

it's kinda ridiculous at this point.... maybe this is my GTI's way of protesting not being the daily anymore after i added an SUV to the family. the intake manifold is the latest revision, genuine, and literally 14 months old. first CEL was 2 months ago. i went into basic settings, block 142...
  4. B

Sunroof leak, replace tube?

Found a huge puddle of water on the driver's side floor the other day. Older threads suggested that it was the sunroof drain, so I tested it.... Opened the sunroof, poured some water in and a ton of water started gushing out at the base of the A pillar, into the fuse box....and finally onto...
  5. B

Yet another water pump revision; BH

for CBFA engines, the BG water pump was the latest revision for the past couple years. i figured VW was done with updating parts given this is 2 generations old now, but looks like all websites got updated with the BH revision. does anyone know what changed? there's nothing obvious from the...
  6. B

had some weird electrical issues past couple days. the ECU and head unit repeatedly lost their settings and reset. however, the battery was always strong enough to crank and start the car. took it into advance today to get tested and the battery was faulty. luckily i had 3 months left on my...
  7. B

PSA: RMS + PCV

+1 i went OEM because a) my shop recommended it, and b) all of the back and forth i found online. i don't understand what it is about the iAbed, but of all my years owning the MK6 i've never seen any other product/upgrade have this kind of religious us vs them. i'm of the opinion that it's...
  8. B

yea. the main objective was to replace the broken speaker, not put in sound deadening. but since the panel and speaker was off i had access to the metal panel so i figured i put some on while it's all open. it makes a tiny bit of difference, but not enough that i'd wanna put in the time to do...
  9. B

i meant it in a good way, as in the door sounds heavier/deeper than the rest, because the deadening eliminated a lot of the vibration.
  10. B

i bought some sound deadening for a hood and trunk project. however, one of my speakers decided to fail on me so while i had everything apart i put some sound deadening on. now one door thunks a little bit more than the rest....sigh.... also, rivets suck ass. make sure you use the correct...
  11. B

apr coilpacks...

i'm the 2nd owner of my car, and the previous owner must have timed it perfectly because the stock coils failed like...a month into my ownership. i didn't know anything about the car at the time, so i took it to a shop to get it repaired. easiest money they've ever made swapping out coils...
  12. B

Engine Rough on Startup

since u have a scanner, look up block 93. if it's more than 4 degrees you have an expensive repair bill incoming.
  13. B

Sachs Performance Clutch Review

A couple months ago my car started making hoot sounds on a cold car when going into 1st/R. This was a telltale sign of a failing TOB. Huge thread about it here. The car is my daily so I knew I had to get this dealt with sooner rather than later so I don't get randomly stranded. Since the...
  14. B

Best price/quality for rear view camera?

i installed a rear view camera recently. i was going to wire it up to the head unit until i my research led me to learn about all these new rear-view mirrors that triple up as a dash cam, mirror, and touch-screen display. i picked up a Pelsee P12 and i've been pleasantly impressed. there are...
  15. B

Kenwood DMX809S & iDatalink Maestro Review

i picked up an Eonon VWA12S the moment it was released. it seemed perfect. nice big screen, upgraded cpu/ram, and runs the latest Android. and it supports the Dynaudio speakers in my Autobahn. so why am i reviewing a Kenwood? well, the Eonon didn't even last 3 days. and in those 3 days, the...