GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dcpppf

1. dcpppf

Popping Sound when Turning Steering Wheel

I haven't really. just did the wiggling of teh wheel test with it int he air. mine felt solid lol
  2. dcpppf

Popping Sound when Turning Steering Wheel

Just bumping this thread as well... tried everything in these threads (new strut bearings, end links, sway bar adjustment, tyrol subframe dead set kit, heat shield inspection)... I'm struggling to see where the heat shield may be hitting so any photos/diagrams would be helpful... but beyond that...
  3. dcpppf

Clicking noise when turning wheel

reviving some old thread for possible addn'l thoughts lol. If my car is "creeping"/moving forward at all no clicks. Only when stagnant and weight on the wheels. so far i've replaced both strut mounts and bearings, done the subframe collars, replaced end links, adjusted sway bar collars...
  4. dcpppf

Just added euro OEM short shift kit and won't go in to reverse?

I'd go through the process again. My gut is saying undertightening of the cable clamps. so when you went to testing the cable slipped out just enough to not let you get in to reverse.
  5. dcpppf

6 speed Manual reverse not engaging

Yeah my first step would be re-aligning the shifter and inspecting the shift cables to make sure all are still tight. i've heard stories of DIY short shifter installs leading to something similar due to not tightening the cables enough.
  6. dcpppf

Only 20k Out Of Spark Plugs?

K cool... Thanks for the reassurance that nothing is "abnormal". Plugs are easy for sure, and with how often I have to keep up with them on the bikes it's no big deal as far as i'm concerned. Just surprised lol. I'll check the new ones after 10k, and either start changing them every 10k or every...
  7. dcpppf

Nope but I can when I pull them tomorrow. Again, far from an expert, but I thought looking tan/mocha was a good sign and I do think they fit that bill. Will follow up tomorrow evening/wednesday, but i'd say they looked close to this photo. Maybe a bit more tan where that arrow is drawn, but rest...
  8. dcpppf

They are iridium plugs, but nope don't drive the car hard as far as I'm concerned. Deff no auto-x's or anything like that where the "hard driving" would be more than say 10-20 seconds at any given time if that is relevant lol. Just interesting to me. For whatever reason I was thinking plugs...
  9. dcpppf

They were gapped appropriately when I installed them... but I checked the gaps while shuffling them last night and they were all around 0.046" (all within 0.001" of that at least). So yeah just wearing incredibly fast... At least that seems incredibly fast to me lol.
  10. dcpppf

So I had noticed a slight hesitation/stutter under heavy load (3/4 - WOT) in 4th, and 6th gear specifically. First noticed it being just a single stutter, then over the weekend noticed it turn in to a few rapid ones and a small afterfire sound from the exhaust. I broke out VCDS and ran some...
  11. dcpppf

Saggy Headliner Touch-up DIY?

Agreed Wabbit! Riceburner... not sure if you all use the same airbag covers as the mk6's but good luck getting those out without them breaking lol. I broke 5/6 and my new ones just got delivered today from aliexpress at $5 per.
  12. dcpppf

Saggy Headliner Touch-up DIY?

Yeah the upholstry shop our local Euro shop uses for this quoted $250... but they were weirdly adamant about how they couldn't be held liable if they broke any wiring harness. Said it probably 6 times on a 5 minute call. So I ended up just doing it myself with a 2nd set of hands. Wasn't too...
  13. dcpppf

Head unit swap

Nice review... I've been kicking around an "aftermarket" radio for a long while but the lack of OEM look was always a turn off... Looks like this might be my ticket lol
  14. dcpppf

mk6 gti headliner removal discussion

Thanks hungry! 100% accurate lol. Got mine removed with ease last night. For thsoe "outer" clips I just used a pry bar up as close as i could get to the clip and pulled harder than I'd like to admit. The clips popped out of the plastic (stayed in the roof), but thankfully nothing broke. so we're...
  15. dcpppf

mk6 gti headliner removal discussion

Thanks! man that pic makes me wanna barf lol. did you simply brush your nuts off or did you end up soaking with something like a goo gone? FYI, good call on that console... i got mine the rest of the way out just a sec ago. i didn't see how the sunglass holder came out, but that clicked on me...