GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Eat_My_Shorts

1. Eat_My_Shorts

Android Head unit

I have an eonon and love it
  2. Eat_My_Shorts

Weather tech Sun Shade - horrible experience -

thanks, will be looking to get another. Been looking Covercraft and Heatshield. Will spend 10 hours a day parked with no overhead cover middle of Nevada desert. Need something definitely a shame, they talk a big game but definitely missed the mark on this one. Seems to be a they will fit close...
  3. Eat_My_Shorts

Pesky P0036

Well managed to clear the code. Checked, pulled and reset all fuses in engine bay. Took 02 sensor out again, sprayed connections with contact cleaner, let it dry. Put all back together, cleared the code and hasn't come back. Now let's hope it stays.
  4. Eat_My_Shorts

Weather tech Sun Shade - horrible experience -

Anyone have a weather tech sun shade? Just got one and it fits horribly. Both ECS and weather tech says it’s right, basically deal with it or pay to ship back. They are saying they sent the right product it’s my issue. I’m convinced this is wrong, or their product is just shit. Looking for other...
  5. Eat_My_Shorts

Pesky P0036

Was clean, nice snug fit. Will climb under car again tomorrow and check it out again. Found another site that said to test voltage and ohm on each pin. Can see if have a fault before the plug.
  6. Eat_My_Shorts

Pesky P0036

Just did a 30 mile drive, reset and as soon and cycled engine came back on.
  7. Eat_My_Shorts

Pesky P0036

Plugged in, reset via VCDS and immediately got code after restart.
  8. Eat_My_Shorts

Pesky P0036

Had a code for P0036, figured quick easy replacement of rear o2 sensor. Swapped it out with a new Bosh sensor and still have the same P0036 code. Sensor was obviously broken, so definitely expected it being the sensor. Any suggestions?
  9. Eat_My_Shorts

Color help

Looking for some help, currently have a set of Klutch wheels in candy red with chrome lip. The red is starting to show signs of wear and will get them refinished. I have decided on a metallic bronze/copper kinda color. Issue I’m having is all powder shops won’t touch them. Saying that they have...
  10. Eat_My_Shorts

Moving to Vegas

Will be arriving to Vegas in a few days and car will be arriving early March. looking for some recommendations, will need a tint shop, powder coat shop as well as mechanic. I have a random misfire on cylinder 3 and know it will be an emissions fail. Have changed coil packs and plugs, moved...
  11. Eat_My_Shorts

LHD conversions to RHD in UK for MOT

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/repair-wire-question-rear-fog.246081/ Read that tread, worked my way through it.
  12. Eat_My_Shorts

LHD conversions to RHD in UK for MOT

Long story short, yes can be done. I did it myself. Will see if I can find the write up
  13. Eat_My_Shorts

Another Clutch Question

So I'm getting ready to buy my new new clutch, know I'm going southbend. Now just have 1 questions before I do as I'm not finding the answer. Reading http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49165 They talk about the new disk being provided by Exedy, what I think is great. Now my...
  14. Eat_My_Shorts

Need some advice - Relationship/gift idea

So I managed to work something out great last night. We were talking about different authors she likes, books she reads and such. There was an author she said she has followed all his books for the longest time. Used to have all his books, until her x-husband destroyed them. She has been...
  15. Eat_My_Shorts

Need some advice - Relationship/gift idea

Big update....the box worked :) She loved it. But really, thinking i'm leaning towards a bottle of wine, its something simple yet we could enjoy together.