GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Esteban Yobs

1. E

2013 Golf/GTI Details

Apologies if this has already been posted: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/2013-volkswagen-golf/new-2013-volkswagen-golf-first-official-details
  2. E

DSG > City Driving

I recently switched from taking the metro to driving to work. Working in DC I deal with lots of stop and go traffic. After about 10 - 15 minutes the gear selection on the DSG gets very jerky, kind of feels like it wants to stall. Specifically from a stop and coming to a stop. Is this just the...
  3. E

Window lock feature

I noticed that when I lock the windows, it only prevents the rear windows to be opened/closed. The front passenger meanwhile is having a field day, rolling the window up and down at their leisure. Is that how it's designed? How am I supposed to be jerk and prevent this madness?
  4. E

Hand brake > Headlights off

I don't remember seeing this discussed before, so I thought I would ask. What's the point of the headlights turning off when you have the hand brake engaged? Especially since you have to turn the lights to Off anyways to turn the interior lights off. I assume there is some logical...
  5. E

Software update > Steering changes?

I took my car in for the 20k service this morning. I mentioned to them that I have the TPMS issue and have had an ESP Error at start up a few times in the last couple of months. After I got the car back (after about 2 hrs), the technician told me that they had to do a software update. The TPMS...
  6. E

Audio installation places?

Can anyone recommend a good place to get audio upgrades done in the northern VA area? Looking to add an amp and sub, maybe change the speakers too. Thanks.