GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jgs5607

1. jgs5607

Recalls on car without notices

I brought my car in today for the 10,000 Mi service (made an appt) and when I got there, the service advisor said there were 3 recall notices for my car (I got no e-mail or snail mail letters from VW about any recall). One was simple, replace an emission label on the car, The second was to...
  2. jgs5607

Polo GTI

Maybe not the GTI version, but the standard Polo is a good bet with other smaller cars going on sale soon (Ford Fiesta; Mazda 2 among others) and the new CAFE requirements coming in to play. All of that technology costs and would make the car too pricey for the US market (same reason we do not...
  3. jgs5607

Thinking about new Wheels? Interesting test with Golf

Just read this month Car and Driver today. Had an interesting article on Wheel/Tire sizes and their impact on performance. Interesting since the used a Golf 2.5 with auto (for consistancy) and tested 15",16",17", 18" an 19" using a +1 setup in most cases. Except for the 15" they used the same...
  4. jgs5607

Explain your User Name.

jgs= my initials 5607 = turned 56 in 07 started using it 3 years ago for various car and audio and other forums and didn't want to add anymore user id's to the already way too long list. 1st new app for my Droid phone was a password safe for that very reason (BlackBerry came with one), I still...
  5. jgs5607

GTI Interior Quality

I think we all appreciate the quality of the Interior Design and Materials in our Mk6 GTI's, but I really got a good perspective today after going to the Cincinnati Auto Expo. It is a great way to look at car choices since most makes have their new production cars there and they are not allowed...
  6. jgs5607

Mileage so far

Just curious as to what type of mileage other are getting so far with their Mk6 GTI's. I got 27.6 and 28.2 on my first 2 tanks driving gently to break it in (about a 70 hwy/30 city mix). On my last tank, more of a 30/70 mix since I am vacationing and a little harder driving, I got 25.5. The...
  7. jgs5607

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

I am new to VW's and have had my MK6 for almost 2 weeks, so far so good with regard to any issues and I am really happy with the way that the car rides/handles etc. I had looked at VW's in the last 10 years, but was put off by the reliability reputation and customer service ratings. The GTI...
  8. jgs5607

What was your last car?

A 2006 Mazda 6 V6