GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JJYL13

1. J

Socal: timing chain tensioner updated? what shop did you use?

Quoted $1500 just for the 9.5hrs of labor from Eurocode. To do both the chain and chain tensioner
  2. J

What did you pay to have your tensioner updated?

I received a quote from a second shop near me at about the same rate... Was hoping someone in the Los Angeles or SoCal region could tell me if this price is normal for our region or refer me to a shop
  3. J

Hey zrickety, are you located in the LA/SoCal area? What is the reasonable range for carbon...

Hey zrickety, are you located in the LA/SoCal area? What is the reasonable range for carbon cleaning and chain/tensioner replacement? I am wondering if these prices are normal for my area...
  4. J

I might need a carbon build up clean, what do you guys think?

well known Indie in Torrance. So the rates are too high?
  5. J

What did you pay to have your tensioner updated?

Located in Torrance (Los Angeles). Was quoted $1500 from a reputable local shop just for the 9.5hrs of labor (I will have to buy the parts from Deutsche Auto or ECS Tuning) to replace both the chain & the tensioner (it makes sense to replace the chain too since it is so labor intensive to open...
  6. J

I might need a carbon build up clean, what do you guys think?

2011 GTI currently at 86k, never had misfires or CEL problems, but I am thinking about getting my timing chain tensioner updated before it inevitably fails and giving my intake valves its first carbon cleaning (walnut blasting) done while at it. Was quoted $1500 for labor on replacing the timing...
  7. J

WTB: OEM Leather Seats 4 Door SoCal

WTB: OEM Leather Seats 4 Door. Located in SoCal. All of the listing for OEM leather seats seem to be in New Jersey and shipping is not an option... let me know :thumbup:!
  8. J

Talladega Wheel - Curbed rim repair - Looking to match the OEM paint... Color Code?

Unfortunately, I curbed one of my Talladega wheels :mad0259: and I am looking to sand and repaint the wheel this weekend. Anyone know what the color code is to match the OEM wheel color? Or if someone can point me towards which spray paint would be close enough to restore this color? any...
  9. J

FS: Set of x4 Detroit Wheels (18") + x4 Pirelli A/S Tires (225/40/18)

SOLD SOLD $600 Set of 4: 18" factory OEM Detroit Wheels, A/S Pirelli A/s Tires (225/40/18) in great condition. OEM made by Ronal (stamped with serial # on the rear), not replicas) Los Angeles, CA Orange County, CA PM if interested. :beer:
  10. J

FS: 18" factory OEM Detroits. Set of Four. So. Cal

SOLD 18" factory OEM Detroits w/stock A/S Pirellis (maybe 3-5000 tread miles left), TMPS. Set of Four. (made by Ronal, not replicas) Los Angeles, CA $400 not really looking to split them up, but feel free to shoot me an offer PM me SOLD
  11. J

WTB: 2 Detroits

delete. found, no more need.