GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mattdibart

1. mattdibart

Timing Chain Lawsuit

Hey guys, Just wanted to give everyone some information on the Canadian class action for the time timing chain failures. I am one of the claimants who provided an affidavit and provided my VW records showing my timing chain failed. The law firm conducting the Canadian class action contacted me...
  2. mattdibart

VW ARTEON

no car company maxes out their engines potential. They still need worry about reliability. They know that people buying VWs aren't looking for a ton of power and they know they have found that sweet spot where people driving the car are satisfied enough with the current output of power. VWs are...
  3. mattdibart

VW ARTEON

people wouldn't buy that car to tune and make it fast, they want to buy a car that is decently quick from the factory. Not everything VW needs to be modified. There are more people who just want a refined car with enough stock power to get them from point A to B and not have to worry about...
  4. mattdibart

Feeler: Entire Car Part Out

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD
  5. mattdibart

Feeler: Entire Car Part Out

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD
  6. mattdibart

Possible Timing Chain Victim

Car is a 13' GTI, stage 2 with R8 coils. 130k km (out of warranty) I'm a little depressed right now. The Fiance said the car struggled a little to start this morning, was shaking while stopped and the CEL came on/was blinking at times. Came home from work today and ran the codes. Car is...
  7. mattdibart

Westworld on HBO

My guess is that either every single person is going to end up being a host or it was just Bernard. I can't see them using the same story to keep shocking the audience. I think they had their fun with that and have everyone guessing who is real or a host. My first thought with "the man in...
  8. mattdibart

Fantasy Football

i'm also a long time fantasy footballer, count me in.
  9. mattdibart

Windshield Replacement

I have never had to replace a windshield in my life but I had a chip that quickly turned into a crack that is now growing bigger by the day. A new windshield is definitely going to be needed. Can anyone recommend a shop that has decent pricing with quality work? I personally don't care if the...
  10. mattdibart

LED Interior Bulbs

I was wondering if anyone has sourced out their own interior LED bulbs, specifically the front dome lights? I bought the deAutokey interior kit some time ago and one of my front dome lights broke inside of the housing. I spoke to deAutokey and they said it was covered under warranty but I have...
  11. mattdibart

Car shutting off while braking

Just over a week ago I threw a CEL, scanned the car and it was a P0101. I knew my APR intake was due for a cleaning and the car was running fine so I didn't think much of it and figured I would pick up a recharge kit and all will be well. During that week the CEL ended up turning off by itself...
  12. mattdibart

Tire giving wrong psi reading

as weird as that sounds, I was hoping someone has some info on what is causing this issue and what can be done about it. My fiance is currently driving a 2006 Sebring and her TPMS light came on so i went to take a look. Her front driver side tire was low so i brought out the compressor and went...
  13. mattdibart

Rear carrier bolts

I'm in the middle of doing a brake job and I just can't seem to break loose the carrier bolts (m14). I can't seem to get a good angle to get good leverage on my wrench to get these bolts loose. Does anyone have any tips on how they managed to get theirs loose? I just sprayed them with PB blaster...
  14. mattdibart

Rotors and Pads

I am in need of some new rotors and pads for my GTI and wasn't looking to get anything crazy in terms of upgrades. I never had an issue with the OEM brakes so OEM braking quality is fine for me. I am looking at getting a dedicated track car so the GTI will just be for daily driving as well. I...
  15. mattdibart

GTI rates went up

I just got my insurance renewal papers and it looks like all of the rating groups set out by the government have gone up significantly. This caused a decent bump in my annual rate. I guess the idiot GTI drivers are finally starting to cause us some issues. Last year our car rated at...