GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mitsuplexnyc

1. mitsuplexnyc

NY-Long Island, 2011 CW DSG GTI - Revo Stage2

Price: $12,995 Original Owner, need to sell as I am moving to Puerto Rico in a few weeks. Candy White 2 Door, DSG Tasteful Mods -Revo stage 2 ECU software (270 HP, 300 TQ) Injen Cold air intake 42DD Catted and Resonated Downpipe Whiteline front and rear sway bars VW DriverGear Springs All...
  2. mitsuplexnyc

To keep or to sell?

Planning on Moving out of NY to Puerto Rico. I have about 1K left on the remainder of my loan to pay off my GTI. 10K left on my Jetta. Shipping ($1250x2) Import Duty Taxes GTI ($3400) Import Duty Taxes Jetta ($2200) paperwork ($500x2) This means that this is quite an expensive proposition if I...
  3. mitsuplexnyc

P2015 - Dealership Experience

About 1 Month ago, I had my waterpump replaced at Sunrise VW. They tried to convince me the radiator was also in failure which I questioned and denied the out-of-pocket expense. So far, so good - no leaking with just the WP replacement. This weekend, CEL comes on, I scan it as p2015 and read up...
  4. mitsuplexnyc

mk6 radiator

Just had my water pump replaced and was told that my radiator was leaking as well. Just in case this turns out to be true (I was diagnosed by 2 dealers and only 1 said something about the radiator), which is the correct part no? CBFA engine btw, comes with and w/o SULEV. I believe that's the...
  5. mitsuplexnyc

Waterpump Victim

Thought I was immune but it happened to me - noticed a small puddle forming while changing my brakepads. I came across the coolant light, topped it off, returned the next morning to a lower level. It's a small leak but still a leak. I'm at 66k miles, took it into a dealer for diagnostic check...
  6. mitsuplexnyc

Fixable? Weather strip driver side door

This piece has become a bit unbound and now rests a bit up and off. I purchased some yellow colored weather strip adhesive but it does not hold the rubber molding in place. Anyone else have this problem or know the correct type of adhesive to get this back in position and looking normal again ?
  7. mitsuplexnyc

FS: Whistler XTR-440 Laser/Radar

$60 shipped. Don't really use this but i'm sure someone out there can. Received about a year and a half ago. radar/laser that can be run w/ or w/o a cord. Paypal and it's yours. The Whistler XTR-440 provides cordless radar detection in a sleek package. The radar detector features an...
  8. mitsuplexnyc

Past cars owned and impressions

1996 Pontiac Sunfire - First car, Used to drive to school and back. felt like blah, handled like blah. Did it's job. 2008 Honda Fit AT - Surprisingly roomy with great handling. Light and nimble, fuel efficient and cheap to fill on 87. Cheap to maintain, peppy motor. I may go back to a fit in...
  9. mitsuplexnyc

Horn failure

The Steering wheel horn, not the alarm horn. I hear a click but no sound when I push the steering wheel. I replaced the 15A Fuse in the engine fusebox (F17) but no dice. I've heard it could be faulty relays, clockspring or an actual horn failure. Is there a way to get to the horn through the...
  10. mitsuplexnyc

NBA Thread?

Great organizations are not built around 1 player. LBJ is the GOAT in my opinion but Shabazz, Wade and the lottery may lead to a silver lining. If anything, that San Antonio sign that stated built not bought, resonates more painfully now than ever. Either way, still love seeing Wade make it his...
  11. mitsuplexnyc

NBA Thread?

^^Disagree. Miami is compelling to me in NY. Big heat fan myself BUT...... I come from south Florida and am hoping to go back as soon as possible. I think he will in fact stay in Miami.
  12. mitsuplexnyc

Mk7 GTI rear window "wings"

LMAO, great depiction ^^
  13. mitsuplexnyc

NBA Thread?

Looking forward to seeing King James turn it up game 2. Lets go heat!
  14. mitsuplexnyc

Go ahead... take the humanity out of driving.

Finally! If anyone here is in the TRI-state area, you'd know how dinged and scratched bumpers become, from everyone parking by brail. This is a step in the right direction IMHO.
  15. mitsuplexnyc

Ford releases factory tune w/ warranty for Focus ST

The FoST and FiST have grown on me. I have not driven one yet but seeing as I prefer small toss-able, 2dr cars, I immediately offed it. Yet the more and more I come across tidbits like this, the more I'm drawn to give one a shot.