GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MLue1

1. M

O2 Sensor help

Since there are no codes for the efficiency on the CAT we can asume the downstream O2 sensor is working. However if the CAT is partially blocked/clogged it can affect fuel milage, BUT I've never heard of a clogged CAT on any VW.
  2. M

Disable Traction Control without using the ESP Button

I found this YouTube video on how to disable the traction control without using the ESP Button.
  3. M

Wheel Shaking at Highway Speeds 70+

This is a common problem in the MK6 Golf/GTI, before you spend money on troubleshooting you can quickly narrow down if it's a balancing issue or worn suspension bushings by increasing the air pressures in the front tires to maximum allowed. This should create a belly/bulge in the contact patch...
  4. M

O2 Sensor help

Sounds like you're on the right track, hard to read things when the car seemly runs well. Since you cleaned the throttle body you can re-adapt it as well, ... can't hurt! As well, if you have a MAP sensor that's on its way out that can also affect your milage coz it not only reads the air...
  5. M

Crank no start multiple 01314

I recently saw this VIDEO, lots of related info maybe it can help you narrow down the problem area. Good Luck!
  6. M

ECM P01314 Code - Communication Fault Detected

This P1314 code is so intermitent its not been a straight forward experience with a multi meter so I've replaced the R1 relay in the power Fuse Box under the hood in front of the battery. Fuse and relay info HERE
  7. M

Golf MK6 Fuse Box and Relay Info

I found this Youtube video: Fuse box diagram Volkswagen Golf 6 and relay with assignment and location Youtube LINK Website: https://fuseandrelay.com/volkswagen/golf-6.html
  8. M

Crank no start multiple 01314

Try replacing the big R1 Relay in the Power Fuse Box that's in front of the battery.
  9. M

Where is The Charcoal Canister on 2.5L?

What trouble code are you getting? Last year we got a P0455 code for EVAP Leak. Here is the link to the THREAD
  10. M

Good to hear from you again Chris. I hear ya, lets hope it doesnt come to that. This thread posted a few weeks ago I think is similar. I'm seeing VWs in cold salty weather starting to suffer from corroded contacts, Dealers tell guys to replace modules or entire wire harness as solutions. I...
  11. M

Internet says code is caused by a power supply wire broken or the ECU is bad, none of which I think is the cause. Will try checking the fuses and relays as well
  12. M

Recently P01314 Code getting logged. I've cleared it 3 times and each time the code has returned. The Golf 2.5 is operating normally even with the code present. The code is an ECM Communication Fault, right now the car is starting but worst case it can result in a no start condition. I have...
  13. M

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

P01314 Code getting logged. I've cleared it 3 times and each time it returns next time the Golf is started. I'll start a separated thread on this code as it can result on a no start condition
  14. M

2013 GOLF 2.5 L Engine Harness Replacement Advice/help

Replacing the harness for a Code is extreme. Check out this video by the Humble Mechanic who is a VW Master Mechanic
  15. M

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Vinnie, you should have the Transmission and Dogbone Mounts checked, if you haven't already replaced them, excessive engine/transmission movement maybe causing stress on the connector.