GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by NotMoneyGuy

1. NotMoneyGuy

Replacement Time for Winter Tires for Fall of 2017?

Not sure about others here, but my 2012 GTI's set of winters on steelies are getting a little long in the tooth and would be entering their seventh(!) winter late November unless I replace them. 205/55R16 Gislaved Nord*Frost 5 (made "2911") on genuine VW steelies from VW Richmond Hill. Cleaned...
  2. NotMoneyGuy

Got the winters off yet?

I know that it won't yet consistently be above 7C from here on in, but just couldn't resist Saturday's 17C fine weather to get the 17" all-season Denvers on till the 18" Serrons come out in the real nice weather yet to come in a month or so. Set the pressures the next morning. Once all the...
  3. NotMoneyGuy

FS: Acura TL as your winter ride...

Anyone looking for a sharp "winter beater" or spare car? Previously mentioned as per the below quotes on "Wednesday Nights Toronto Meets" thread. Now probably selling it as I also have a Civic. I installed the included winters last Tuesday. Thought I'd post it up here too. Cheers...
  4. NotMoneyGuy

Findway F518 Style 3D Car Floor Liners 21 fitment pics in '12 GTI DSG 5-dr

Another thread about a competing floor mat product sort of got hi-jacked, so here are 21 big un-edited pics of fitment of the Findway mats in a 5-door 2012 GTI DSG. I cleaned up the car today (Oct. 6/12) prior to installing them for the season and will report back on the carpets' performance and...
  5. NotMoneyGuy

Windshield / dash camera options in GTA?

A co-worker is looking into getting a car cam and after some research he is ready to get this one for US$290 less $25 later rebate: http://www.vosonic.com/product.php?PA=feature&kind=3&id_3=26 from this MA, USA vendor: http://www.securitysystems.com/CarCamera.htm?a=28499 My buddy would have...
  6. NotMoneyGuy

"Canadian" Euro OEM GTI MKVI lip spoiler thread

Kind of got off topic in a LED tail light thread, apologies, so starting a "Canadian" GTI MKVI lip spoiler thread here. Here's a copy and paste of the OT stuff so far. Installation pictures and tips would be appreciated from anyone that has already done this mod. And of course, befores and...