GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RMD

1. R

Locking my MK6 with the engine running

Thanks for the reply. I'm not technically-minded enough to mess with programming an OBDs etc. Will take a look at the door lock and cover, as you've suggested. Cheers.
  2. R

Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. I don't understand this: Check bit 2 of byte 4 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper. The plan would be to leave the ignition key in and the car running, but be able to lock the doors somehow, so it doesn't get pinched off my drive. There isn't a...
  3. R

Hi guys. Posted previously, but perhaps in the wrong place? Can I lock my 2011 tdi GT with the engine running, ie a key in it? There's no external manual key hole, unlike the wife's Audi. Don't want it nicked off the drive while warming it up. Thx.
  4. R

locking the car while its warming up

Hi all, Newbie question here. (I have tried a search, honest). As there's no key lock on the Mk6, how can I lock it with the engine running while it's warming up on these cold mornings? Don't really want it pinched off my drive, as rumour says the insurance company wouldn't pay up if left...