GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by stuck24

1. stuck24

Official Inauguration Day Thread

bad hair day. again.
  2. stuck24

2010 Camaro SS

THE GTI still has the 2nd best resale value in its class. Higher than a Mustang, Mini or Subaru coupe.. I think You just want something different.
  3. stuck24

VW has ANOTHER pending recall...

NAH... Mexican build. New Silao, Mexico engine plant is to blame. Blame blame blame Meheeco. German stuff is faultless... faultless I tell you. That's the power of Hungarian paprika build.
  4. stuck24

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

ya... send this to your Hitler-hating neighbor http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/interview/henryford-antisemitism/
  5. stuck24

VW has ANOTHER pending recall...

engines must be made in Mexico. ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  6. stuck24

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

best steering wheel on any Chevy I've ever seen.
  7. stuck24

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

$47k... oh dear. well, I'm sure maintenance is as cheap as it is for a Cobalt.
  8. stuck24

A little story I wished to share

gotta hand it to him.... sure beats another "my water pump started leaking" thread
  9. stuck24

After 2nd oil change: 6K on oil and

it has not lost a drop of oil. :thumbup: 17k and oil even looks pretty new. Very impressed seeing as I once had an FSI engine 07 that drank 1/2 qt every 1k. Looks like the motor's a keeper! Anyhow... we tend to post when something's wrong.... but this time....how about something positive...
  10. stuck24

EPL / Soccer Discussion

Liverpool@! YNWA!!!! As for city and arsenal, sad mofos. Gave faaaaaaar to much respect to their continental counterparts.
  11. stuck24

mk7 GTI rolls off the Puebla plant

well there it is: the orange sidemarker is now in the headlamp cluster. http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-continental-mexican-goodness-a-better-nissan-and-a-mercedes-benz-pickup/ I guess it was coming. carry on. I meant Puebla line. oh well.
  12. stuck24

Mini Cooper

I'd love a MINI Cooper S, but I don't have any confidence in the longevity of a PEUGEOT 1.6 Turbo motor. And yes, the motor in a 2006-2013 (2nd gen modern era) Mini is a Peugeot engine. The new gen uses a BMW designed motor. If only the car weren't so fugly in pictures.
  13. stuck24

The MK7: in dealers soon!

legit link http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1401-production-2015-volkswagen-golf-7-begins-mexico/
  14. stuck24

Traded in my GTI for something else German...

Thanks@! At those prices, Europeans will expect their Golf GTI interior to be pretty damn spiffy. Us in the US get lucky and pay $25k for this entry into entry level premium interiors.
  15. stuck24

Traded in my GTI for something else German...

The GTI has the brake wiping function as well. Typically when you put your wipers on, the brakes wipe the discs. But if they continue to do so after we take the foot off the pedal is something I cannot answer. Our brakes just suck compared with a 3 series or most Euro cars. Much of it has to...