GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Svtpony

1. Svtpony

Gator vs GTI

Driving on the I-15 northbound last night around 1030pm minding my own business when all of a sudden the car in front of me runs over a retread, it hits his rear diff and flings this thing up in the air, and straight into my windshield. BAM! Shattered my windshield. It hit so hard my rear view...
  2. Svtpony

Someone hit my car while parked.

So yesterday at work while on my break I went out to get something out of my car, and I had a sudden urge to do a walk around because I had a feeling maybe someone hit or scratched my car (couldn't believe I was right). The drivers side of my rear bumper had been hit, the seam between the bumper...
  3. Svtpony

2 Step, No lift shift?

Apparently APR is working on software to enable a 2 step and no lift shift features. Anyone heard of this? One of my local apr dealers had mentioned it. I've done countless searches pertaining to this particular option for our cars. It would be a fantastic upgrade.
  4. Svtpony

WTB LED tails

Looking to buy OEM LED tails. Cash in hand. Name your price, pick up or shipped. Prefer tinted, but cherry will do as well. Fog or no fog. With adapters.
  5. Svtpony

Wtb LED tails and wheels SoCal

Looking to buy OEM LED tails. Cash in hand. Name your price, pick up or shipped. Prefer tinted, but cherry will do as well. Fog or no fog. With adapters. EDIT: Bought new wheels. Still looking for tails.
  6. Svtpony

Trade in the GTI?

Just want some honest non hateful opinions here. Lol. Contemplating trading in my gti and possibly getting an Audi S4? A4 Quattro? Now, I love this little car, it's amazing to drive and every time I walk out and see her it makes me glad I bought it. Both the S4 and A4 had their pros and cons...
  7. Svtpony

Problems with the GTI

So over the last few months my mk6 has been to the dealer 4 times,I will explain why it went there and what they fixed, in hopes it will help someone. Oxidizing on inside of headlight, and noticing one headlight was brighter than the other- VW replaced both headlights (bi-xenons), with bulbs...
  8. Svtpony

Stage 2 vs STI

I came across a 2005 STI we ran a few times. 1st from a stoplight he launched pretty hard, once I got traction in second I pulled hard and put a couple cars on him in top of third. Had to let off we were coming up on another light. We ran again from a roll (20 mph) I put a couple bus lengths on...
  9. Svtpony

Stage 2 vs Evo IX

Here's the deal. I'm APR stage 2 with intake and downpipe. My friends got an evo 9 same mods with no tune. We're going to run them for shits and giggles. I'm assuming he's going to half track me but I'm planning on recording anyway lol. Opinions? I feel like I should be able to get him from a...
  10. Svtpony

APR Stage 2

I went and got my stage 2 tune done yesterday. And was completely disappointed I could swear I lost power (girlfriend was saying it's faster lol) I also went and bought a Neuspeed P-flo intake. So I drove a total of 228 miles yesterday and was getting used to the tune, after reading up on many...
  11. Svtpony

Coil pack from Napa

On Sunday I was desperate for a coil pack, dealer was closed and I couldn't wait. Long story short I bought one from napa. It came in a napa parts box, and you'd never guess what was inside. A genuine VWAG coil pack. $23 and Napa is everywhere lol:w00t:
  12. Svtpony

Check it out!

Hey everyone, I came across this article and thought you guys would get a kick out of it. http://m.carbuzz.com/Article.aspx?Id=17973 Now we can all roll around thinking we're billionaires. :D
  13. Svtpony

Corona, Ca

I was down in Corona Saturday night, stopped at a chevron on limonite and heard some music and lots of commotion. I looked over expecting to see a bounce house and a parking lot party full of drunken coronians (yes they are indigenous people). To my surprise it was apparently a Volkswagen meet...
  14. Svtpony

Extended warranty?

Hello everyone, I'm new here, and new to GTIs. I bought a 2010 2 dr 6 speed with 45000 miles on her. I was looking for a newer one but couldn't pass up the deal. Anyway, I ended up buying a extended warranty from GMAC it's the repair advantage max. 3 year 36000. Now my question is has anyone...