GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tzd

1. T

Floor Mats

Google 1K1061550041 and look for the best deal for the OEM GTI Monster Mat.
  2. T

Most reliable MK6 engines.

For TDI engine questions, you can try asking the TDI forum - https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?forums/vw-mkvi-a6-golf-family-including-jetta-sportwagen.81/
  3. T

Most reliable MK6 engines.

I don't know if you can get the 2.5L 5-cylinder engine in Lithuania, as this engine was only used in the US/Canada market. If you can, that is absolutely the most reliable, and also very capable (170 hp/177 lb-ft) Otherwise, in general any non-turbocharged engine will be more reliable in the...
  4. T

New owner who needs some help

Try this for owners manual: https://www.vwserviceandparts.com/digital-resources/online-owners-manual/
  5. T

Help w golf

How much are they asking? I'd not go above $4000, and that is if it checks out mechanically. Back in 2010, the car new, before tax, for 2-door and sunroof was under $20k, and 4-door was $1000 more. Just because it has only 27000 miles after 10 years might not necessarily be a good thing. Did...
  6. T

Sunroof opens randomly

Yes, something inside the switch is worn out causing the contacts to trigger even when the dial is not moved. I replaced my switch. It comes in either gray or beige: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/sunroof-switch-corn-silk-beige/1k0959613ch67/...
  7. T

ROLL CALL: Who is still here from 2010-2011? - even if you just pop in for fun to re-live old GTI memories.

I still have my 2010 2.5L Golf! Love the way it drives. I think the Mk8 lost the spirit of the Golf. The ID.3 is much more Golf-like than the Mk8. Probably their plan to transition Golf drivers to e-vehicles.
  8. T

Battery or Alternator issue??

Yes, in the USA it seems like only workshops that specializes in VW & Audi know what they are doing with our cars.
  9. T

Battery or Alternator issue??

Is your fuel gauge showing accurate fuel reading? My 2010 Mk 6 2.5L earlier this year started showing incorrect reading for the fuel gauge (shows close to empty even when fuel is overflowing out the tank). Eventually the fuel pump failed and car died in the middle of the road, had to be towed...
  10. T

A toddler and a permanent marker

Try alcohol or acetone nail polish remover.
  11. T

Mechanical issue, car makes slight squeaking when going over ANY type of bumps, need help diagnosing (video in description)

Before spending any money on suspension, please check your rear seat backs. You know how the rear seat backs can be folded down? When you release the latch on each side to fold the rear seat back down, a red tab will pop up next to the latch. Check if the red tab is showing. If it is, fold...
  12. T

Fuel Gauge not working

Here's an update on my Golf - because the tank was fueled up to the brim, I had planned to drive it for a couple weeks more to reduce the level of fuel before doing the fuel pump replacement. However before I got the chance to do that, the engine died while driving on the road. Coincidentally...
  13. T

Fuel Gauge not working

My Golf has always been using Chevron fuel since the beginning.
  14. T

Golf Mk6 2.5L 2-door

Golf Mk6 2.5L 2-door
  15. T

Fuel Gauge not working

My Golf 2.5L just reached 10 years old and 95000 miles. Recently the fuel gauge started to become erratic. 2 fill-ups ago, I filled it up to full and its reading was about 3/4 full. At the last fill-up, it was showing 1/4 full after I filled the tank up to the brim. Wondering if this is a...