GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by xytbyk

1. xytbyk

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

You guys are talking out of your asses. These generalizations are pretty damn absurd.
  2. xytbyk

Nah, i'd absolutely prefer a rwd car in theory. In reality, it rarely would matter to me, and I drive pretty hard through the canyons every day. A sorted FWD car can be really quick. I left a modded JCW Coupe yesterday through Topanga and the guy told me he was pushing as hard as he could...
  3. xytbyk

You should put that on the ATS nobody will buy.
  4. xytbyk

The Next Car Swap

I did algo trading for an I-bank between my masters and PhD programs. My beginning salary as an asst. prof in a lib arts department of a good school was less than half what it was as a programmer. That's an extreme example, but as a rule, you shouldn't pursue a doctorate in any field unless...
  5. xytbyk

The Next Car Swap

So... 204, eh? q7eZ_qlDf40
  6. xytbyk

The Next Car Swap

Built for drag racing, but equipped with tires for impressing 15 year olds. kG6veF_34QE
  7. xytbyk

And now they're dead. The others heeded the warning.
  8. xytbyk

It would be in the best interest of anybody interested in the FiST to find a way to drive one for a few days. A test drive almost certainly won't be informative enough. It is a cheap but pleasant car that's super fun to bomb around in. Even loaded, it's way cheaper feeling than a GTI. Almost...
  9. xytbyk

Yep. I owned a MK6 for almost 3 years, and it was stock for about a year. I have a build thread buried in here somewhere. The OEM FiST tire is a 140 UTQG 205-40 17" potenza RE050A. Most OEM GTI tires are lousy all-seasons, so that can account for a BIG chunk of the difference. The LSD can only...
  10. xytbyk

I was talking about how they do in the canyons, so no. A definitive no. The FiST can turn in without plowing, and can put power down out of turns, both because it comes with way better tires than a GTI and because its stock torque vectoring seems more effective. My car specifically is about...
  11. xytbyk

As long as it's cheap and doesn't drone, my wife could not possibly care less.
  12. xytbyk

I was tempted to ask Matt if he wants to drive my wife's v6 accord. I upgraded the rear sway bar, springs, brake discs, pads, fluid and tires. But, the upgrades were because it felt unsafe as stock on my wife's commute route, 75% of which is through the canyons where Matt often does these...
  13. xytbyk

The Next Car Swap

Matt liked the Charger R/T more than I expected, though he's not going to be too negative with the owner in the car. He only had good things to say about the old 5-speed, but said the 8-spd adds a lot. Lots of references to it being a boat, but that's not news. sUIfg1yblNI
  14. xytbyk

Semantics don't matter. The mid-engine criterion is wikipedia bullshit from Collins/dictionary.com. As far as I can find, it's not followed by auto manufacturers, journalists or race series.