GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DawnsKayBug1

Extended MDI Cable?

I bought a MDI to USB for My Iphone. I connected it to an apple USB-Iphone connector. it didnt work. Is there an MDI Extension? My GPS crapped out on me so I am using Apple Maps. But to hear it over my speakers I need to be playing the Ipod and have the maps running.
  2. DawnsKayBug1

APR UK Sale flyer

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=503611123041416&set=a.331206706948526.74554.331198510282679&type=1&theater L.O.L:lol:
  3. DawnsKayBug1

Anyone run the Nurburgring?

Saturday I did 2 laps (wreck closed it) and at the 4th turn I noticed slight brake fade. Near the end I pretty much had 0 stopping power. Went back in line and it only got worse. 2nd lap my car stunk like brakes really bad also. Anyone else experience this that bad on the Ring? Brake setup is...
  4. DawnsKayBug1

APR/VWRacing Cup Snetterton, UK

I got some VIP Tickets from APR UK to the APR/VWRacing Cup at Snetterton Circuit today. As usual it was cloudy,windy, and cold. It didnt rain which was a plus so the track stayed dry. This year the British GT cars were in the covered pits the whole time so I couldnt get any good pix. 1 crash in...
  5. DawnsKayBug1

2010 VW GTI K04'd Stuttering heavy vibrations EPC light CEL

The title pretty much sums it up. I have a 2010 GTI. After going out to dinner the car acted funny leaving and then ran fine. About a mile later it was acting worse and another mile I pulled over. RPMs were fluctuating. It drove like I had something wrong with the drivetrain. Once I put it in...
  6. DawnsKayBug1

FS Lakengrief/Moldyhell Dogbone insert

I bought this http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/Mounts/ES2193007/ Not realizing I had a VWR one installed. It also comes with new pendulum mount bolts. it was $65 shipped. $35 Just a FYI i dipped it in grease then realized I didnt need it so it isnt NIB but it is unused.
  7. DawnsKayBug1

GTi International

Went ot GTi International Sunday. Ran a shitty 1/4 mile 0-60 in 5.09 seconds. I had MAJOR Wheel Spin and hop. (used Launch) Never got to do another run due to cars steering wheel falling off in the drag and hitting 3 people. One got air evac'd his condition is still unknown. The pics.
  8. DawnsKayBug1

TPMS light stays on

Since about 1500 miles my TPMS light stays on. I took it to a UK VW dealer and the UK ones have a different system and they dont have the computer or whatever to fix it. No biggie I will Vag-Com it gone. Hooked up the Vag and it wont connect to the TPMS to make it go away. Soooo is there...
  9. DawnsKayBug1

APR UK

I have had the APR K04 kit installed since Jan 2011. I never had a problem till spanking a 2011 Mustang 5.0 when I got a boost leak somewhere. It was still driveable just a loss of high end power. I put it on a lift and couldnt find it so I just lived with it. I pretty much worked 14 hours a day...
  10. DawnsKayBug1

So my TPMS blew up

Just picked up my GTI from APR UK getting somethings done and at a "high rate" of speed I get a flat tire warning(Not the TPMS symbol) I slow down and nothign happens . About 10 miles later I have a flat.. I have the wife roll the car so I can see where the damage is.. Nothing .. I press on the...
  11. DawnsKayBug1

VW Racing Cup Brands Hatch UK

First off thanks to Keith and Amanda @ APR for hooking me up with these tickets.Thank you to Volkswagen Racing for the Hospitality tent and the great food (Rare in England) Myself,wife, and kid had a blast. This was a DTM series race there was also Volkswagen Racing Cup,Lotus, European NASCAR...
  12. DawnsKayBug1

Could this be causing my boost leak?

Imhave a pretty loud boost leak. Only over4k and under load. It sounds like it is coming from the upper part of my engine passenger side. Is it possible it's my noise maker inside the cabin? when it leaks I get a strong exhaust smell even at 100 mph.
  13. DawnsKayBug1

Loud whooshing sound revisited

Whelp I changed out the DV and retightened the air intake hosing. Still have a whooshing and lost of power. Does it over 4k and under load. APR K04 Upgrade APR Carbonio Stage 1. Any other Ideas?
  14. DawnsKayBug1

Whooooshing sound under load

K04 and when I floor it or give it gas over 80 mph I get a loud whoosh/psst type sound coming from the area of the DV. I also have no power now(about the same as a stock GTI).
  15. DawnsKayBug1

K04 GTI VS 09 M3

This morning I looked in my rear view mirror and there it was my Co-Workers M3. I raced his wifes 2010 X-5 Diesel and he was impressed. I then raced our Co-Workers 5.0 GT last week and tied. Thsi time it was on. We were getting ready to go from a 30mph zone to a 60 mph zone. No cars in sight...
  16. DawnsKayBug1

MK6 K04 vs Chipped 11 5.0

A co worker has a 2011 Rustang GT 5.0 chipped and exhaust. He also has a TDI Golf which we raced leaving work yesterday. Today after pulling out of the gate there he was behind me. We both took off tie.. Slowed to 30 mph I counted down and we both took off to 70 tie.. When i was counting down...
  17. DawnsKayBug1

VW: GTI engines cant handle more than 250 hp?

Apparently, the original plan was to use a development of the current GTI's EA888 engine, but it seems that VW engineers are having problems getting that engine to deliver more than 250 bhp without compromising its reliability and longevity . Michael Dick is quoted as saying that 5-cylinder...
  18. DawnsKayBug1

WTT Forge DV spacer for ??

I have a used Forge DV spacer looking to trade for??? One catch though. I am USAF living in England. It would have to be shipped USPS priority to me an I will ship the same to you. Let me know what you got. PM me if intersted.
  19. DawnsKayBug1

Changing your own oil.. Heads up!!

Today I change the oil in my wifes Audi and my GTI... Well Someway somehow I stripped the drain plug in my GTI. I always hand tighten then use a wrench. I have been changing my own oil for years now. I am leaving for Edinburgh, Scotland tomorrow and was screwed since I couldnt get a new oil...
  20. DawnsKayBug1

APR K04 gas mileage results

Well after 6 fill ups with my K04 mileage is almost the same!!! Maybe 10 miles off a tank give or take.