GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Tire Rack Aluminum Service Jack—Opinions?

I'm looking for a floor jack, and was curious to know if anyone has had any experience with the model sold at Tire Rack. I called TR yesterday and found out that the jack is made for them (so he couldn't tell me the actual "brand") and, like so many things these days, is made in China. It looks...
  2. B

Great Price on Valeo ULTIMATE® Wiper Blades

I'm on the mailing list over at Tire Rack.com and saw they have an awesome sale on these wiper blades. I believe these are almost identical to the blades that now come standard on the MKVI GTI. (I think those might actually be the Ultimate OE Blades, but I'm not 100% certain on that.) I'm...
  3. B

Did VW ever sell these wheels?

I was out of the loop on new VW cars and wheels before 2010, so I'm unsure if these ever saw any production runs, but I think these are pretty sexy. These are from the 2005 Ragster Concept car.
  4. B

CD Storage accessory for door - Need part #

I don't often play CDs but I am finding that when I do buy new CDs, I'll pop it in the stereo and let it ride with me until I get around to importing it into my iTunes. The problem is that there's no really good place to store them except in the door pocket, where they can sometimes slide...
  5. B

Coasting in Neutral vs. Leaving it in Gear When Decelerating

I was reading the mileage tips over at Fuelly and came across this one that made me go Hmm...: To Coast in Neutral or Not... Coasting to a stop in neutral with a modern manual (and in some instances automatic) transmission might not actually save you as much gas as keeping it in gear. Many...
  6. B

Question about RCD-510

Does the stock RCD-510 head unit pick up HD (free) radio? I haven't taken delivery of my car yet, so I haven't had the pleasure of playing with the radio , but I'm curious if it was capable. I'm not even sure how widespread HD Radio is-- I only hear my local NPR mention that it's available on...
  7. B

Powdercoating ?

I'm kicking around the idea of having my stock Denvers powder coated in lieu of buying a set of after market wheels. First, a few questions: How long does it take to have powder coating done? Does it take a long time to "cure"? For those who have had wheels powder coated, how much should...
  8. B

How much do the Denvers (17") weigh?

The title pretty much sums it up. I'm considering aftermarket wheels when I take delivery this Spring, and I'd like to stick to 17s. Apart from an improvement in appearance, I'd like to trim some of the weight, too, but I don't know what the stock wheels weigh. Thanks for your help. Cheers, Kevin