GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jcarson112

Clutch noise...

Over the last month or so I've been hearing this irritating and rather questionable sound which I'm assuming is from the clutch. The best way I can describe the sound is like when you push back a chair that you're sitting in across a wood floor and the leg catches and makes that kinda...
  2. jcarson112

Cleaning the rear wheel wells

So because of the fall/winter season here in the NW the fabric wheel arches have picked up and held onto (quite tightly I might add) loads of pine needles and leaves that have been strewn across the road surface... I have a wheel well brush and have used it to the best of its ability. However...
  3. jcarson112

Hood seems to be misaligned

Passenger side is sitting well below the fender and the drivers side is sitting flush/a tad higher than the fender. What should I do to fix this issue? Take it to the dealer? Is it something easy like tightening/untightening some bolts to adjust? I pretty stupid when it comes to wrenches and...
  4. jcarson112

New tint and fingerprints/smudges

Never actually got an aftermarket tint job done so I figured I would just ask the "stupid question." Beneath the film there seems to be a few fingerprints and squeegee marks. I am hoping that this will go away as the laminate adheres to the window and dries out completely. PLEASE tell me this...
  5. jcarson112

Dealership rant...

So I'm sitting here in the waiting room(45mins now) and I just wanted to rant to some like minded folks. I mean Jesus C. I came in here to get a replacement foglight cover. I would have done it myself but the part was never on the car. Out of principle I felt I shouldn't have to pay for it...
  6. jcarson112

Battery box

It won't shut. Is there some frackin special way of getting this god forsaken box to shut? It's NEVER been shut all the way and while its not the biggest deal in the world it is beginning to nag me enough to bother me.
  7. jcarson112

Windshield wipers

Doesn't anyone else have RIDICULOUS amounts of chattering with the downstroke? Got caught in the rain for the first time on the way up to Seattle on Saturday and it was just terrible. Do you think maybe I could try and get a new pair from the dealer to see if its just this set of blades?
  8. jcarson112

Finally got the time to clean him up! (lotsa pics :D)

First, let me say that I LOVE TORNADO RED! Hides dirt so well! There now that that's out of the system, I took a few before and after pics. As I said above it was kinda hard to see the dirt so I really got in there with the lens so hopefully those pictures turn out. Didn't get to clean the...
  9. jcarson112

Bentley service manuals...

As I am not the most mechanically inclined, I tend to not feel comfortable doing anything but the most basic things (changing oil, tires, etc) without a detailed step by step from respectable manuals. Was wondering if anyone knew when the mkvi service manual could be released? I know its a long...
  10. jcarson112

Holy Sheet!

Happened in Ohio recently. Not sure on the story but the video is ridiculous! Someone added some lame music but the vid was from a trooper dash cam. hesp2CckNMs
  11. jcarson112

Siping, yay or nay?

Just was curious to the overall opinion on tire siping. Is it a good idea with high(er) performance tires?
  12. jcarson112

Drcolorchip.com

Has anyone tried/looked into this site? Just saw a commercial on tv about it and the process looked fairly easy. I know easy isn't always best but curiosity has gotten the best of me on this one....
  13. jcarson112

Anyone in the seattle/tacoma area go for the Dieselgeek shifter?

Has anyone jumped on the dieselgeek shifter that p2spec has? I'm tempted but was wondering if someone wouldn't mind me taking a look at it installed.
  14. jcarson112

Question about ECU flashing.

So from what I've gathered getting your ECU flashed and then taking the car in for a scheduled service will wipe the programs installed at your tuning shop? If that's the case, when you purchase a Stage I tune and have this happen can you just go back to your local shop and get it re-flashed...
  15. jcarson112

Resetting consumption gauge?

For the life of me I can't remember how to do it. Nothing I try works...
  16. jcarson112

Anyone else have rediculous amounts of brake dust?

It seems that the lower 3rd of my car covered with brake dust that goes well past half of the driver/passenger door? Does anyone else's brake pads tend to give off this much dust? Would the factory flaps help with this issue?
  17. jcarson112

Thirsty mirrors...

What's the best way for to get the MASSIVE amounts of water that get sucked up into the exterior mirror housings without having to fire up the compressor every time I give her a bath?
  18. jcarson112

Someone help me figure out what this is please...

So I was cleaning the car today and in the tailgate area and found the part you see in the photo below. It was in a small "cubby" on the drivers side in the tailgate floor. I have no clue what it goes to or where it came from. Any help would be appreciated. It's rubberized much like the...
  19. jcarson112

Annoying sticker glue on wheels from shipping

Would anyone know of a good way to get this stuff OFF the wheel...