GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Cupped tires!

I have the stock pirellis, and first rotated them around 8K miles. After getting my alignment done and rotating the tires again at around 17K miles, the front tires sound like crap. I got them balanced, but the inside shoulders are cupped and there is some feathering, which is annoying at...
  2. D

How to remove front door panel?

Has anybody ever removed a front door panel? I'm trying to get to a rattle. I removed the bolt on the bottom of the door with an allen wrench and was able to pull the panel off it's clip near the front speaker. Do I just need to pull hard on the panel to get it to pop off the remaining clips?
  3. D

FS: 11/11 - APR downpipe and catback **VA/DC/MD**

SOLD: APR downpipe - $350 - **VA/DC/MD** SOLD APR downpipe for sale - $350 It has 6500 miles on it.
  4. D

APR TBE too loud...

OK, I'm at the point where I no longer appreciate the aural qualities of my APR TBE. I know it's not supposed to drone, but when cruising on the highway, I hear a higher pitched sound, that is most noticeable when driving on inclines. My passengers have commented on it as well. So if I were...
  5. D

VIR

Anybody here ever track at VIR? I'm waiting to get some VIR club information. Do they have affordable packages?
  6. D

noise from exhaust on bumpy surfaces at slow speed

Lately, I've been hearing a higher pitch "hollow" noise coming from under my car, when traveling on bumpy roads and entering driveways at slow speeds. It seems to be coming from under the armrest, which makes me think maybe the tunnel muffler may be bumping the car. I have the full APR TBE...
  7. D

APR K04 vs stock clutch

I'd like to hear from anybody running a K04 that's still on the stock clutch or already replaced the clutch. I'm about ready to get the K04, but if the clutch is going to fail quickly, I need to plan for that too.
  8. D

VA State Inspection with APR Stage 2?

So I'm currently at stage 1 and want to go to stage 2 with the APR downpipe. I'm curious if others with this setup have had any issues with the VA state inspection. Did you pass as is? Or did you have to put the stock DP back on?
  9. D

DD42 or APR Downpipe

I'm going stage 2 next month and plan on getting the work done at NGP in VA. They carry DD42, APR, and EuroJet downpipes. I'm leaning towards the APR downpipe, but it seems like most people on this forum think the APR dp is overpriced. For those with the APR dp, do you have any negative...
  10. D

Maplight buttons

I used my maplights tonight and had to press the button over and over to get it to turn off. If I pushed the button all the way in, it would just blink and stay on. I finally got it to turn off by pushing in about 80%, until I heard a single click. Anybody else experience this yet?
  11. D

Door Issues and Dealer Experience

I took my car to the dealer for the 1st oil change and decided to have them look at several door issues. 1. B-pillar wind noise 2. Sounds from the door seals rubbing 3. Water leak from both doors (happened one time, a few drops, but still...) So I'd dropped the car off and the Service...