GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ElectricEye

Hyundai Santa Cruz may be the vehicle that gets me out of my GTI

As some people on this forum may know, I've been here since purchasing my MK6 GTI in 2011, and then on to my current MK7 since 2015. As a car guy, I'm constantly checking out other cars and wondering what an alternative to my GTI might be - but nothing has gotten me out of my car. Well, the MK8...
  2. ElectricEye

Conti Extrem DWS vs Pirelli Cinturato stock tires

Hi, My GTI came with Pirelli Cinturato's as the stock tire, and I'm thinking of upgrading in the next few months. I know the Conti's are the better tire, but does anyone know how they compare to the Cinturato's in snow? Has anyone else made the same switch? *I don't drive much in the...
  3. ElectricEye

Golf R is now on VW's website

Golf R is now on Volkswagens website.
  4. ElectricEye

My Turn for the Water Pump Failure

Some 15,000 and my Water Pump just gave out. :( At least it happened in my driveway.
  5. ElectricEye

Car and Drivers 10 Best

The MK6 GTI made C&D's 10 best yet again. Not to shabby for a car at the end of its circle of life.
  6. ElectricEye

Won't Start

First problem with my '11 unmodded GTi. Jumped in it this morning to run the kids to school, and it won't start. Lights work etc., but it doesn't attempt to turn over. Phoning dealer when they open in a minute.
  7. ElectricEye

Tax When Buying Out a Leased Car

So, if I purchase my car at the end of its lease - I pay tax on the full residual value - correct?
  8. ElectricEye

CC Forums?

Anyone know any good CC forums? Something good like this site? :thumbsup:
  9. ElectricEye

Lease ends in 11 months. Seeking Suggestions

My GTI lease wraps up at the end of Dec. 2013. Unfortunately, there will be no MK7 here in North America at that time - if there was, I would roll right into one. So, I'm entertaining suggestions. I want to stay with VW - or the Audi A3 Sportback should that come around in time and at a...
  10. ElectricEye

Buying ones leased GTI Question

Hi, I'm two years into a 36 month lease on my GTI. I'm considering purchasing it when the lease ends depending... My question: Will they - VW (or are they able to) tell me now what the purchase price of my GTI will be one year from now? Thanks!
  11. ElectricEye

Somethings Rolling Around Inside my Dashboard

Hi, When I make turns of around 90 degrees or so, I can hear something roll left to right, or right to left across the inside of my dashboard. It sounds like it might be a small screw that came loose and is rolling back and forth through the vents. I'm wondering whether anyone else has...
  12. ElectricEye

Golf R in this months C&D

Did anyone see the short review of the Golf R in this months C&D? 0-60 in 5.9 vs 6.1 for a DSG equipped GTI 1/4 mile in 14.3@ 99mph vs 14.7@96mph in a GTI 0.02g's less grippy 'round the skidpad than an all season clad GTI, and with a ten foot longer 70-0 stoppng distance as well. All for a...
  13. ElectricEye

MK VII Slip?

Doing some searching for MKVII info (contemplating whether I would get one should they be available when my lease is up) and I came across this image. It's a screen grab from a VW video for the L1 concept car - found it on the Motorauthority website. The site says the image was a slip up on VWs...
  14. ElectricEye

Fiat Abarth Commercial

Who saw the Fiat Abarth commercial?! :eyebulge::drool: ^^^^ That's for the hotness of the commercial, not the car.
  15. ElectricEye

GTI makes Automobile Magazines 2012 All Stars

I just saw that our GTI (along with the Golf) has made the 2012 Automobile Magazine All Star list - again. :cool::thumbsup::headbang::tweetz:
  16. ElectricEye

What production vehicle just pisses you off on site?

For me as far as current vehicles are concerend, it's the Infiniti QX56. I never hated SUVs just for being SUVs, they certainly serve a purpose. I do hate this hideously ugly, bloated vehicle however. It's like Salvadore Dali crossed an SUV with the whale from Pinnochio. Honorary mention goes...
  17. ElectricEye

Stop & Shop gas savings

I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but Stop & Shop supermarket has a points program with Shell. You earn gas points with your shopping, and redeam the points at the pump. On my previous two fill ups (about 3/4 tank really) I saved 40 cents per gallon. Yesterday I came closer to...
  18. ElectricEye

I Dig This Car

That's it really. The weather got warm, and I finally had the opportunity to hand wash my car a couple of times myself. Some of the first chances I've had to notice little things - like how really mettalic my Shadow Blue is when freshly washed on a sunny day. Never really noticed that the trim...
  19. ElectricEye

Much Praise for my GTI - from others

So I brought my car in to get the windows tinted. The tint shop is located in an auto repair/tire shop that does a lot of business (prime location and they have a great rep. - I've used them for years) there is also a Custom Wheel shop upstairs. So these guys see plenty of new vehicles from the...
  20. ElectricEye

Ugly Cars

Anybody have any favorite Ugly Cars? The ones that just get under your skin? :mad0259: I'll stick with current vehicles and thus leave out the obligatory Aztek. I'm not bothered by little oddball cars, so they get a pass in my book - the Nissan Cubes, Honda Elements, Nissan Juke etc... I'll...