GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Replace TSI Vapor Canister Check Valve (N80) w/o removing intake manifold

As you might know, the n80 valve on the TSI is permanently affixed to the hose assembly which attaches out of reach behind the intake manifold. I had the brilliant idea to cut the damn thing out and use hose clamps and some spare hose to attach a new valve. Only problem is the stock assembly...
  2. S

Blown coil pack after filling up with crappy gas and changing tune... coincidence?

My GF always makes fun of me for only putting Shell 93 V-Power in my car. Over 30k miles and my car has never had anything else. So over the weekend, I was in the middle of no where and running out of fuel. I THOUGHT I knew the station down the road was Shell and I could fill up there... it...
  3. S

FS NOVA/DC Area: (3) Used P Zero Nero All Season 225/40R18 VW OEM Tires

Three P Zero Nero tires, OEM tires off a 2011 GTI. Good life lift, evenly worn, never abused, car wasn't lowered. Just under 15k miles on them (note according to tirerack they have a 400 wear rating with a 45k mile treadlife warranty when purchased new). Pics on imgur Sorry the battery is dead...
  4. S

$25 (shipped) "Euro" switches on ebay... they work!

So I bought a "Euro" switch on ebay from a Chinese seller for $4.99 + $20 shipping. Was delivered 11 calendar days after "buy it now." Installed today with a trigger wire I got from VW, and it works. This is the exact same China made switch bold-sport and others are selling for double the...
  5. S

Broken tab on bumper - repair options?

When I took off my bumper to install new headlights, I broke one of the tabs along the fender. I'm not too concerned about it, but I would like to repair it next time I have the bumper off the car. Does anyone know what the bumper is made out of? Trying to find the best glue/epoxy for the job...
  6. S

Logs/Graphs: APR Stage 1 vs Stage 2 w/ identical hardware

I have been wondering what the difference is between stage 1 and stage 2 software, when you take the benefits from the hardware itself out of the equation. I ran some logs yesterday, got flashed to stage 2 today, and ran some more logs. The weather/temp/road was identical. Unfortunately...
  7. S

VCDS Boost Log/Graph - What does normal look like?

I installed a boost gauge which seems to be inaccurate, so I busted out VCDS and did some logging. Here is the graph: http://i.imgur.com/qWdm4.png This is three seperate 3rd gear pulls from ~2200 - 6600 rpm (best I could do with DSG and road conditions). It looks like the turbo is taking a bit...
  8. S

VAG-COM Windows Up/Down not working - SOLVED

Started playing with my VAG-COM cable today. Previously I've only done the coding for my LED tails. Followed the guide from the sticky, the coding is accepted, but the functionality isn't working. I've shut off the car, locked the doors, unlocked, reconnected vagcom, and it seems the coding...
  9. S

SPM Street Downpipe Installed! PICS

Starting a new thread because the last one was overrun with drama... First downpipe install, had to do it at work after hours. Took about 3.5 hours including breaks, taking my time. I didn't run into any issues, I was able to access all four bolts from under the car... only had to pop the hood...
  10. S

DriveSPM Street Downpipe Pics! (Not Installed)

DriveSPM downpipe came today... hand delivered! Didn't realize they are local... actually they are not... 70+ miles away. I wasn't home, luckily the gf was to take delivery. Got a sweet tshirt, too. Pics speak for themselves. Full album on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/3JC9X Looks good. My first...