GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Stinger

Mk6 GTI

Purchased October 2010, I just traded it in for a Porsche Macan and it's now available at North State Auto, in Walnut Creek, CA. It has less than 60k miles on it and has had all the expected issues (water pump, radiator sensor, manifold,..) repaired, sometimes more than once, under warranty...
  2. Stinger

It's been a memorable trip

I joined these forums back in October 2010, just days after buying my Mk6 GTI. I first leased it for 3 years, then purchased it just to mod it, following the zillions advice and warnings from many of you. My signature speaks volumes of the mods (and expense!) that went in, less all the...
  3. Stinger

10-2010 Mk6 ('11) 4 dr manual soon on the market

Wow, I joined this forum over 6 years ago and, while not a prolific poster, I've enjoyed reading and learning from most everyone here. My car wouldn't be what it is today without golfmk6.com so thank you! While it hasn't been confirmed yet, there is an over 90% chance that our family will be...
  4. Stinger

what next?

I can't seem to find the other threads talking about what's in the future of car purchases. I've had my Mk6 over 5 years during which I put in maybe $10k in mods. I'm looking into the next step up but honestly find it difficult, possibly because I like my car and fear disappointment with a new...
  5. Stinger

What are the chances? TT RS to R

The TT RS comes out with a 2.5 400 hp engine. I know the 400 hp R project was abandoned but... Got a feeling that a next big R revamp (mk8, mk9?) could see it with the TT RS engine? :iono:
  6. Stinger

Catalytic converter light flashing or not

Was driving on freeway minding my own business when the car started acting a bit strange, like right before running out of gas (check, no problem there). Something was misfiring so I started guessing plugs or worse, my V 2.1 stage one update... :yikes: The car was still running relatively ok...
  7. Stinger

front end damage :(

This morning a Honda SUV reversed and bumped me... no big deal, I thought, until I got out of the car and... hood and grille are damaged. :( Lady didn't have her insurance papers but I have pics of her license, her number and pics of damages. She did suggest paying cash for repairs so i told...
  8. Stinger

0522 - Engine control module

Had an alignment done yesterday and was told of a code 0522 -Engine control module shows up... Any idea what that might be?
  9. Stinger

Avid.1 AV-50 rims?

Does anyone have those rims on their car? Pics? Been looking everywhere for 17x8, 5x112 in bronze... impossible. Importer says it will take at least 3 months for a special order.
  10. Stinger

back from the shop..need a couple parts

Sent my car to a reputable perf tuning shop. They suggest I get the updated turbo cut off valve (06H145710D) and the updated PCV (06H103495AC). Their charge for the parts is nearly 3x what I can buy off the web and I can't imagine it is too complicated to replace those myself, or is it? Are...
  11. Stinger

Switching rims..can I?

I had a set of Michelin PSS 235/45 on ROTA 17x9 et42. Sadly, I cracked a rim driving over a 2x4 on the freeway at 65 mph (pouring rain, didn't see it...). So now I'm back on my shitty stock rims/tires :( I'm considering switching rims to NICHE 17x8 et40. Can I put my PSS 235/45 on these...
  12. Stinger

Used mk6 rotors and pads

I've got 52k miles on my rotors and maybe 20k on the pads. Reality is that both rotors and pads could probably last another 20k miles. It just feels weird to throw those away. Would anyone want those? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. Stinger

From iPhone to Android

I recently replace the headunit of my GTI with an EONON G5153V, a Chinese made android unit. A week later I switched from an iPhone 5 to the new Samsung 6S (company phone) which I eagerly looked forward to. I've only ever had iPhones and iPads, living in the cozy and constrained world of...
  14. Stinger

Mini OBD-2 OBD II

Has anyone purchased one of those and running it through their HU?
  15. Stinger

something burning...

When I parked this morning a couple co-workers and I noted a burnt smell coming from my car. It's definitely not rubber or plastic...more like brakes or clutch but I can't tell which it is.. Mine is a short ride, about 15 mn mostly on the freeway although I pushed past 90 with a corvette on...
  16. Stinger

Basic tools not available in the US?!?

When my new Bilstein B14 PSS were installed about a month ago we discovered that my top mounts had to be replaced but I didn't have any with me. So today I decided to do the job myself... All went relatively well until :mad0259: I needed to unscrew the bolt atop the shocks. For those who...
  17. Stinger

Past cars owned and impressions

I'll start, from first to recent: 1975 Renault 4L - My island car (lived in the West Indies), no doors, rusted to hell and painted in the yellow, red, green rasta colors... Girls loved it and so did I. 1981 Talbot Sunbeam - Total POS 1975 Autobianchi Abarth - The funnest 70 hp/ 1k lbs you'll...
  18. Stinger

E30 M3 vs Stage 1 Mk6

Wish I had a video for you guys... Was stopped at a light, looked at my rear view mirror and saw this modded older M3 sliding sideways onto my street (rollbar, wide semi slick tires on light rims, an exhaust,...) :yikes: For a sec I thought he was being chased by a cop and I need to move out...
  19. Stinger

FS: Bilstein B8 with DG springs

Purchased and installed 12/23/13. 8k miles on them. My car is an mk6 6sp. Will take pics as soon as off the car in the next 10 days or so. $600 for everything. SOLD
  20. Stinger

More on the Mk8?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89538/new-volkswagen-golf-mk8-tech-secrets-revealed