GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

VW XL1?

anyone know anything about the VW XL1? A stage 3 prototype vehicle (whatever that means) deisel hybrid....290+ mpg? Just heard about it today, thought I'd ask.
  2. J

High Gas prices

Maybe their renewable projects are just as heavily subsidized over there as they are here? Drove from Santa Barbara to South Bend, IN this summer and was blown away (haha no pun) by the amount of windfarms out in BFE, america. not to mention their kindof garish.
  3. J

High Gas prices

^^^This x2. I lived in France and Morocco for a few years and while cost of living was higher in general, on a percentage basis power was cheap (not petrol of course), most being nuclear in France. As far as flatulence. There are entire communities in France and Denmark that run (i.e. produce...
  4. J

Trance/House/Techno/Dubstep/Drum N bass/ ETC Thread

e5uAaxnuc5A Aha! I win internets!:clap:
  5. J

Trance/House/Techno/Dubstep/Drum N bass/ ETC Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5uAaxnuc5A potentially a repost. im a huge dubstep, drum and bass guy and I came across this video. pretty great camera work too of all those slammed VWs too. Looks a little older, some mkV and mkIV didnt see a VI. I also dont know how to embed video so, sorry...
  6. J

High Gas prices

The swiss and the french are well known for using "anaerobic digestors" for years to power small communities, almost entirely on food waste and excrement. The US Dairy industry is real big on the whole thing to. pretty interesting stuff.
  7. J

From Chicago to Los Angeles

oh and as far as places to stay, just find a quiet surface lot in BFE, Utah or something and recline....more money for gas and food. at least that's what we did. :thumbup:
  8. J

From Chicago to Los Angeles

I did route #1 this summer past....granted in a 2003 focus. less fun, but you still get that stop in Vegas...
  9. J

Whats your occupation?

Nice! That's the long term plan, but got to pay my dues first!
  10. J

Whats your occupation?

surprised you don't see more accountants in here. currently doing the big 4 grind myself, except on the tax side.
  11. J

Chicagoarea Dealers?

So I'm moving to the city in July and am intending on buying a GTI shortly thereafter... I've heard great things about Northshore VW as far as buying goes...any notes on which dealers are more/less mod friendly? I've been trying to read up on local shops for tune/installs (GRD, City VW...
  12. J

need some advice on buying timeline

Ok...so, I'm making a GTI my "you're out of grad school, got a real job, passed your CPA exams, paid off all your college debt" gift to myself. I should be starting my job (and the ability to make monthly ins/car pmts) in mid July, although I've saved quite a bundle already. My question is...