GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. TurtleJames

FS: 2 Adult Tickets - Camelbeach Waterpark

Selling 2 adult general admission tickets to Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark in PA. They are good through September 1st, 2014. Was gonna go with the wife, but not sure if we'll be able to make it. $45 shipped. http://www.camelbeach.com/water-amusement-parks-pa.aspx PM or mail...
  2. TurtleJames

GTI K04 Replacement: 2014 Accord Sport....

I sold my GTI about a month ago, and was resolved in driving around in my beater 2003 Passat GLX 2.8 4motion wagon that I bought for 3K. My office is about a 10 minute walk from my house, so I wasn't really needing a car. And I really liked having no car payment. The Passat has all of the...
  3. TurtleJames

Mountain Bike Assembly Question

So random question... I just bought a mountain bike and it came with these 4 clips. No instructions. Any idea what they are and where to install? Thanks.
  4. TurtleJames

Is this VW made out of...wood?

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/wooden-volkswagen-beetle-a-oak-ay-gallery-1.1772743
  5. TurtleJames

Drive Auto Works - NJ

Quick review on Drive Autoworks in Clifton / Mountainside. They recently moved to two new locations from Lyndhurst. Dion Malet is the owner. I had my stage 2 tune upgrade done there. Dion was very friendly and did it at no charge. I had my K04 installed there. At the time Dion offered a...
  6. TurtleJames

Nissan's Self Cleaning Car

Not sure if repost. How cool would this be? http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/car-washes-obsolete-thanks-nissan-unbelievable-self-cleaning-car-article-1.1768034
  7. TurtleJames

FS: 2011 GTI Autobahn DSG 4 Door

*************************SOLD*******************************
  8. TurtleJames

9. TurtleJames

KMD Tuning

After my bad experience with RSW, I took my wife's Passat to KMD for a timing belt service. What a world of difference these guys are. I worked with Bobby to go over what I needed done and set up my appointment. He was friendly and courteous. Pricing was fair. Due to my work schedule, I...
  10. TurtleJames

MK7 GTI Release Date?

I keep seeing MK7 GTI's driving around every morning in my apartment complex in NJ. So far its the same black, red, and silver ones. They have two Florida plates and one Delaware plate. They don't look like they're euro spec either. They look alright except I don't think I like that GTI...
  11. TurtleJames

Shop Review - Redline Speed Worx

Redline Speed Worx - RS Worx www.redlinespeedworx.com They are a repair and performance shop located in Washington, NJ (soon to be Greenbrook). Owners are JR and Pat. Pretty heavy presence on the forums. Authorized APR dealer and specialize in European automobiles. I've been debating...
  12. TurtleJames

Opinion Needed

Hey guys. Haven't been on in a few months or more... Got married, moved, etc. Getting to the point where I may have to let go of the GTI, so wanted your opinions. Situation: I moved across the street from my office. I walk almost every day. My car sits in the garage most of the week and...
  13. TurtleJames

APR K04 Stock DP O2 Sensor Question

I am getting an 02 sensor bung installed on my stock down pipe to replace the one originally on the stock turbo itself (CBFA = 3 O2 sensors). I'd like to use the stock down pipe with my APR K04 for emissions purposes. My question is where on the stock down pipe should the primary 02 bung be...
  14. TurtleJames

K04 vs Venom GT

I'm pretty sure from a 40 roll we could maybe catch the license plate number... http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=a1f596df-9913-4473-b760-ba0a979c5b9c%3Ficid
  15. TurtleJames

Well It Finally Happened (Accident)

Had been accident free for 34K miles... and then an old lady bumped me today while I was stopped at a red light / yield sign. She had no idea what was going on, so I couldn't even get mad at her... why do they let senile people drive?...grr. Of course nothing happened to her Grand...
  16. TurtleJames

K04 vs. C6 ...Kinda

Cool story bros..listen up real good and relay to your friends and neighbors. Was driving to Ohio via PA over the holiday and was in a rush. Noticed a C6 Corvette behind me on I-70 weaving through light traffic with me. Kept up with me fine, but he wasn't being a dick or anything. So...
  17. TurtleJames

TurtleJames' Too Slow Build

Well, it's obviously a little late to begin my build thread, so just some random photos for now.
  18. TurtleJames

APR KO4 TOP Leak

I've been experiencing a minor oil leak at the base of APR's KO4 turbo outlet. It's just an extended metal pipe mated to a silicone hose they included. The pipe has a lip, but no o-ring. The provided hose clamp is poop. I've tried readjusting, tightening, and even applied oil resistant...
  19. TurtleJames

30K Mile Service Completed

So just had my last free service at Douglas VW over the weekend. As always great and friendly service. It included an oil and filter change, tire rotation, and brake fluid change. Also had my shifter assembly replaced under warranty. The chrome on my shift knob was bubbling off. Took about...
  20. TurtleJames

Tire Tread Question

I will be needing to replace one of my tires. The rest of the tires have less than 4K miles on them. I understand it's best to replace tires in pairs, but since they are relatively new what is the maximum tread difference acceptable across the same axle (side to side)? 1/32, 2/32, etc? Tires...