GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Tampa Bay: Need code cleared

Hey, Can anyone with vagcom in the Tampa Bay area (Tampa or Clearwater would be best) read and clear an engine code for me? Thanks!
  2. J

Overreved...

So last night I screwed up and went from 3rd to 2nd....saw the tach blip up to 8k for a split second before I pushed the clutch back in. (I've driven a manual for the past 9 years and have never even come close to doing something so stupid...) No visible/audible/noticeable damage or EPC. Car...
  3. J

4Motion Conversion?

Hey all, Just curious if anyone has put the 4Motion system from the Golf R into the GTI. I've searched and found a few people talking about it, but it doesn't seem like anyone has actually done it or even attempted it. Thanks!
  4. J

Alcantara Door Panels!

So I finally got around to pulling the door panels off and then pulling the door panel apart and wrapping the inserts in (real) Alcantara. It's definitely a full day (or two) project. The most annoying thing is the ~30 plastic welds you have to remove. Pics:
  5. J

Custom Door Panel Fabric

Has anyone replaced the cloth or leather in the door panel? The scratchy fabric VW chose to use for the arm rest drives me crazy. I've got some real Alcantara to put in it's place. I'm just concerned about how it's attached. It looks from pictures like the factory fabric is plastic welded to...
  6. J

WTB: Door Panels

Hey everyone, I'm looking for the left and right door panels for a 2 door GTI. Leather preferred, but would be ok with cloth if the price was right. Thanks! :)
  7. J

GTI slamming on brakes when grabbing second gear?

Hey guys, has anyone else had their GTI absolutely SLAM on the brakes if you grab second gear? (Without turning TCS off) Example: Not spinning in first, but taking it up to redline and then shifting quick enough into second, causing a split second of wheel spin, when all of a sudden the GTI...
  8. J

OEM Halogen to OEM HID?

Hey guys, I've searched, but it doesn't seem like anyone has done a true OEM Halogen to OEM HID retrofit, with or without auto leveling. I was wondering what's involved; is it as simple as buying the HID housing and some bulbs/ballasts? I don't really care about the auto leveling/turning...
  9. J

What are these?

Hello all, I've had my GTI for about a month now, and what a great car it is! Anyway, I've noticed my GTI has these rubber "guards" that appear to be color matched around all 4 wheels and on both doors. I haven't seen any other GTI's with this and it got me wondering... Is it factory? Is it a...
  10. J

Any chance for directport programming on the MK6?

Hey everyone, I know CURRENTLY the only way to flash the 2011 MK6 ECU is by physically removing it. Is it simply a matter of time until the tuners figure out the encryption and are able to flash the ECU without removing it? Or will we never be able to? I'm only curious because I had a...
  11. J

Bluetooth Microphone

Mods please delete.
  12. J

FS: 9W7 7P6035730C Bluetooth Module

Hey everyone, just tossed this up on ebay, figured you might be interested. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190508568010 If linking to ebay is against the rules; I'm sorry, please delete.
  13. J

Pioneer AVIC Install

Hey everyone, Just bought a 2011 United Gray GTI this past weekend and went quick to work tearing out the cheap base model radio to install a Pioneer AVIC. Install was pretty basic, pop out the trim around the radio with a credit card, unscrew the four T20 screws holding in the radio, connect...