GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DBESTGTI1

Mall Crawlin' Adventures

I had a thread going a while back from when I first bought my truck but I let it die and most of the picture links are dead at this point so I thought I'd start a new one. This will be my adventures in or with my 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited. The current mod list: -Removed the Limited...
  2. DBESTGTI1

Job offer, to move or not to move...

removed
  3. DBESTGTI1

Pop-up Campers?

Does anyone here have any experience with pop up campers? My wife's aunt and uncle had a big plot of land outside of Breckenridge, we're thinking about buying a pop up and just leaving it up there so we have a place to stay on weekend instead of driving back and forth each day. I'm wondering...
  4. DBESTGTI1

Dog for dinner...

On Sunday I was sitting on the couch watching the NFL championship games enjoying my awesome view out of both of the windows that surround the TV/fireplace.... When I saw what was either a huge bird or a small plane came past the window, it peeked my interest and I went to go check it out. I...
  5. DBESTGTI1

Dog for dinner...

On Sunday I was sitting on the couch watching the NFL championship games enjoying my awesome view out of both of the windows that surround the TV/fireplace.... When I saw what was either a huge bird or a small plane came past the window, it peeked my interest and I went to go check it out. I...
  6. DBESTGTI1

The bike thread - mountain, road, fat, TT, DJ, cross... what are you riding?

Any other cyclists on here? What are you riding. Between my wife and I we have 7 bikes and #8 is being built from the frame up.
  7. DBESTGTI1

Adventures in the shop - carnage pictures.

I posted this on another forum and people seemed to really get a kick out of it so I thought I'd share. These are all pics I've taken of things I've personally come across over the years. Touareg V6 timing chains, tensioners, and cam adjusters.... this could have all been avoided with regular...
  8. DBESTGTI1

Adventures from the shop - wrecked crap

I was looking through my "random work stuff" album today, thought I'd share some entertaining pics... Touareg timing chains, tensioners, and cam adjusters.... this could have all been avoided with regular maintenance. Front end off a Jetta Front end off a Beetle Aftermarket shop did the...
  9. DBESTGTI1

Warranty 101: Warranty and You - TD1, recalls, updates, Magnuson Moss, etc...

Let me preface this with a little bit of history about me so you have an understanding of where this information is coming form. I spent over a decade working for as a technician for Volkswagen and Audi. I started right out of tech school as an apprentice and worked my way up into supervisory...
  10. DBESTGTI1

Any of you Colorado people skiers/boarders?

As the title says, any snowsports people? Anyone with season passes anywhere?
  11. DBESTGTI1

How To - Water pump replacement, the quick and easy way

Lately everybody and their mom has been posting about their water pump started leaking like it's breaking news that the pumps suck. For whatever reason people have gotten it in their heads that the intake manifold needs to come off to replace the water pump. I don't know where that idea came...
  12. DBESTGTI1

FS - 17" wheels with snow tires

With my GTI gone I'm going to sell my winter/snow setup. It's Moda MD11 17x8 wheels with 225/45/17 General Altimax Arctic tires (no tire studs installed) and hub rings to fit the VW hub bore, you can reuse your factory cone seat lugs. They have 1.5 winters of not daily use, lots and lots of...
  13. DBESTGTI1

The panic button!

Now even the most incompetent dealership employees will know you're tuned... Let the riots begin.
  14. DBESTGTI1

FS - R8 coil packs, AWE TOP, Uni downpipe, BSH intake

-4 R8 coilpacks used for about 5000 miles - SOLD -Nuespeed throttle body boost pipe - SOLD -AWE turbo outlet pipe in the black powdercoat finish - SOLD -Unitronic downpipe (stainless, 200 cell high flow cat, no resonator), includes an RAI Motorsports jetted "J" 02 spacer - $450 ($660 downpipe...
  15. DBESTGTI1

Ditched the GTI

I've been talking about getting rid of the GTI for a long time now, basically since I moved to Colorado. I love my GTI but even with a hitch mounted bike rack, snow tires, and space bubble on the roof racks for carrying ski gear and stuff it just wasn't practical for my lifestyle since moving to...
  16. DBESTGTI1

Parting out my car

Update -I sold my car, I'm selling what I took off prior to getting rid of it. Local pickup in the Denver/Boulder area is preferred. -Unitronic downpipe (stainless, 200 cell high flow cat, no resonator), includes an RAI Motorsports jetted "J" 02 spacer - $450 ($660 downpipe + $30 spacer new)...
  17. DBESTGTI1

I narrowly escaped a Nazi work camp!

It was over a decade ago that I was first abducted and thrown into a Nazi work camp by Volkswagen. For years I worked diligently as to not upset my captors, and as I did I rose through the inner slave ranks. Eventually I had my own group of minions below me. I trained them in preparation of my...
  18. DBESTGTI1

Awesome bang for the buck tires

In my search for grippy tires with high treadwear I was very close to buying Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3s, but in the end I really didn't want to spend the money for them. I ended up saving a few hundred dollars and going with 235/40/18 General G-Max AS-03 on my stage 2 car with 18x8 wheels and I...
  19. DBESTGTI1

My turn to ask for a vote...

I need a minute of your time and your vote. Please vote at www.andrespark.org to help raise funds for a Bike Park that my former mountain bike advocacy group back home is building for charity in Carpentersville, IL. CAMBr (Chicago Area Mountain Bikers) is 1 of 4 finalists in the Midwest trying...
  20. DBESTGTI1

Jury Duty

Has anyone ever gone to Jury Duty and actually gotten selected to be a jury? I had Jury Duty last Wednesday and got picked to be a juror on a rather lengthy criminal case. Today was the 5th day or trial, tomorrow I expected to be the last day, I'm not allowed to discuss anything about the case...