GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. The Waxer

Pictures of you dog(s)

My 5 year old girl, Callie.
  2. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

Too bad that gun store that posted the link is out of the loop. :confused: That is a 2 year old article and the appeals process is still in effect. Don't run out to your local gun store expecting to come home without waiting yet.
  3. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

Just try to keep them from running for office and you should be fairly okay. Good luck, I have 8 years before we can fully leave the state. My wife is a state employee and her retirement is tied to her income in the last few years before she retires. Would be a shame to throw it all away now...
  4. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

Keep both. :thumbup: I departed from my affair with Surefire for awhile, but I think I'm back. The Titan A is pretty awesome. I don't leave home w/o it anymore and I have the Titan B and XC-1 weaponlight on order. Ever try using them as a strike tool/weapon? :p
  5. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

For a little less, this one is pretty good. I got one on a group buy awhile back, and although I usually don't like the drand this one is pretty nice. http://www.knifecenter.com/item/KS1870BWBR/kershaw-1870bwbrn-knockout-usa-made-assisted-elmax-blackwash-blade-brown-aluminum-handles I believe...
  6. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

These are two of my EDC knives I favor, but also carry a couple Spyderco's. http://www.amazon.com/Benchmade-940-1-Osborne-Plain-Finish-CPM-S90V/dp/B00JEK7GYA http://www.amazon.com/Benchmade-477-Emissary-3-5-Knife/dp/B00J42HAWQ The first one is not assisted opening, but very light due to the...
  7. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

Built, or assembled the upper to the lower? I've bought a few stripped uppers and barrels, gas tubes, etc. and building an upper takes some tools. Especially if you are installing a free-float railed hand guard. There are tools you need to have and a vise block. Getting the rail on the hand...
  8. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

I have. I personally only own one XD, a 5" Tactical that I got in a trade/debt situation. I don't care for the XD's much due to the trigger. I had to put a trigger kit on my XD just to make it so I would keep it. I don't want to modify any guns I use for carrying, so they are out for me.
  9. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

I love my Shield in .40 and my Walther PPS in .40. Both shoot 9mm fine as well, but I'm .40 based and 9mm is a much smaller part of my collection. Haven't shot a 43 yet.
  10. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

Yep, I love my 23's. The first one I got in 1991 and it made me a Glock fan forever. I still have that one and the love the pre-gen3 frame.
  11. The Waxer

The Next Car Swap

Yes. If the best you are going to do is a stage 1 or stage 2 WRX you might as well get an STI and keep your warranty. Only mod required is a trunk lid swap in my opinion. Us old guys need to act our age.
  12. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

They are comfortable. I regularly can be found in the NV/AZ Desert in the summers and I've never had any issues, even when you're sweating like you just took a shower. Their belt system with the velcro setup is awesome, and the kydex sandwiched between the leather in the belt keeps it very...
  13. The Waxer

The Official Gun Thread

I have two Comp-Tac MTAC's with multiple kydex "bodies" for other handguns. The AlienGear units are pretty much a knock-off of the Comp-Tac at a much lower price point. I have handled them, but not worn one but the quality difference is noticeable with side to side viewing. I've worn an MTAC...
  14. The Waxer

The Next Car Swap

Funny you say that it's too loud at your age. It sounds pretty quiet, but I understand your comment. This weekend I am changing the exhaust back out on the Mustang. I put the Ford Racing (Borla) catback on with the X-Pipe about 6 months ago and it's NASTY loud. I am not 17 anymore, so it's...
  15. The Waxer

The Next Car Swap

I be it feels great. Then it won't have the raw power of stage 1. Rinse, repeat. :)
  16. The Waxer

The Next Car Swap

Yes, all the ones that have come in around the Bay area have sold for $85k+. When you see one you can at least enjoy the fact that the owner has more cash/debt than brains. When I got my Jeep the finance guy said a guy bought one from him the week before for $90k and only put $5k down. Worst...
  17. The Waxer

The Next Car Swap

Yes, it is the CG blower and it is not as good as the Toro that can be had for the same price.
  18. The Waxer

The Next Car Swap

Yes, my cars are coated with CQuartz Finest, and CQuartz UK and the wheels have OptiCoat on them. They dry pretty fast. The C7 takes about 5 minutes total, finishing up with a towel for any little bit that was missed, the Mustang and the Jeep take about twice that due to size and the amount of...
  19. The Waxer

The Next Car Swap

Even with a shorter hose it will be awkward with the canister trailing behind.. The hose will eventually hit your paint. I've been blow drying my cars since the early 90's and nothing has been able to beat a good high speed electric leaf blower like my current Toro. Today I own those two metro...
  20. The Waxer

The Next Car Swap

I have that metro blower. While nice sized it really isn't powerful enough. It takes about 4x the time as it takes for my $40-$50 Toro 235 MPH electric leaf blower. I bought this for a garage vac and it works well as a vac.. It also blows, but there's not enough power to really dry a car...