GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Kal-GTI

Some maintenance items; other items

A while back I ordered up on maintenance Items. Seeing as I no longer have the GTI, I don't need these items. Maintenance Items 5-Mann oil filters, retail for $10.45. I deliver locally for $8 a piece, $35 for all 5 (SOLD) 1-Unused still in package magnetic drain plug with 10 crush washers...
  2. Kal-GTI

Project Protect da Wabbit... I mean GTI

Well, I have gone and done it, bought another Volkswagen. Background: Back at the beginning of the year, I moved some 40 miles away from where I work and I have been driving the GTI back and forth the work and on the weekends. Over the last 6 months I have put roughly 25000 miles on the GTI...
  3. Kal-GTI

MKIV Jetta TDi tuned

So I thought I would share with everybody my impressions of my brothers car. But first with the backstory. 2001 VW Jetta with the alh ve pump tdi engine originally equipped with the 4 speed shit box automatic transmission. Bought the car from our uncle with 190k on the clock and a bad...
  4. Kal-GTI

Rear Wheel Bearings and brake

I just wanted to add some information for those DIYers out there. Most might already know this , but for those that don't here is some information regarding tools needed for a rear wheel bearing change on MK6 GTI platform (at least on mine). -17mm lug nuts -13mm wrench to remove the caliper...
  5. Kal-GTI

P0088 and gasoline in oil

Before I was about to head out today, I decided to check my oil and other things. While checking the oil I noticed that the level was too high. I checked it several times to make sure my eyes weren't messing with me. Each time I smell the oil on the dipstick to make sure my nose wasn't doing the...
  6. Kal-GTI

Fed-Up with Fed-Ex

So my iPhone 5 finally gets shipped. Next day air it to, suppose to arrive today. I keep an eye on the tracking website to see when it is to arrive. I have it shipped to my parents that way I know someone will be there to receive it. I see that it has delivered, called my mom and told her what...
  7. Kal-GTI

Get to know your transmission (o2q) personally!!

http://docs.jayzone.eu/erWin/VW/Jetta%20&%20Golf%20Variant/Workshop%20Manuals/Power%20Transmission/6-speed%20manual%20gearbox%2002Q.pdf Here is a 240 something page document that goes into great detail about the manual transmissions used in our GTI's. Hope this is not a repost or old...
  8. Kal-GTI

Interesting information about our 6 speed manual transmission

http://www.sqsracing.com/files/fs_files/productdetails/200/manual-02m-q-long-boost_92.pdf Think this is a good read for the manual gearbox guys. Especially the one running big turbos.
  9. Kal-GTI

Let's talk IAT's

Let’s talk intakes and their effectiveness or ineffectiveness on turbo’d cars. Many believe that having a “true” cold air intake on a turbo car is pointless because the turbo heats the air up anyways. Others will argue that any decrease in temperature before the turbo is a good thing. What I...
  10. Kal-GTI

Interested in starting a KY meet?

Having been talking to another member, we were wondering if any other members in the area would be interested in starting a monthly meet. Want to see how many will be willing to come. Southern IN dubbers and anyone willing to drive would be welcome. Might try and get a spot in Louisville, but...
  11. Kal-GTI

Another Clutch Option: Spec Clutches

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Volkswagen/GTI_MK_VI/2012/Single Putting this out there for everybody to look at. I have no experience with them, but they are another option for us manual transmission owners. I may go with these guys when I need an upgrade.
  12. Kal-GTI

Strange happenings with the GTI

So, after dropping off some paper in the V.P. of operations office at work, I run into the shipping manager who asks if I've seen my car. Dumbfounded and expecting the worst, I walk outside to find this: Best I can tell the most logical explanation is a tractor-trailer kicked a rock up...
  13. Kal-GTI

Stage 1 GTI vs Mazda Speed6 w/ Cobb tuning

Here's my "cool story bro" story. No vids, sorry guys. A few weeks back I ran a friend of my brothers 06 Mazda Speed6. He had an intake and Cobb tuning on stock exhaust with a manual transmission. I'm APR stage 1 with an AFe drop in air filter and manual transmission. The run was 20-100, on a...