GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

3rd Brake Light

Have any of you guys purchased the replacement light bar here at a dealer? I've had moisture in mine for basically the whole time I've owned the car. I asked about this during a service visit many years ago when under warranty and was told that I'd have to get the spoiler cut out to replace...
  2. F

Battery Replacements?

I'm curious as to whether you guys have replaced your battery yet. I'm nearly at 100K km (5.5 years old) and have noticed the start up isn't as quick. I haven't measured the voltage from it yet, but I suspect it's getting to that time. Any feedback on what you've bought and where?
  3. F

When are you putting on the winters?

This is my first summer running actual summer tires. I see the temps sit around 7C in the am and pm drives. Wondering at what point you guys are going to switch? There seemed to be a bit more leeway with the all seasons.
  4. F

Warranty Extension

Did anyone else get a letter in the mail for extending injector and intake manifold warranty on 2011-2012 2.0TSI engines for 10 years or 193,000km? I got these for both my TSI cars yesterday.
  5. F

Whiteface Mtn?

I will be taking a road trip up here and I was wondering if anyone knew what the road conditions typically are like? Its been a number of years since I last travelled here, so I can't remember if it was super up and down hilly. Also if anyone has skied the mountain in the last week or two...
  6. F

LF: Bike Holder

Looking for any make of bike holder that will go on an OEM rack. Preferably something that keeps the front wheel on, but I'm open to whatever. Thanks Rich
  7. F

Thinking of Buying a Porsche?

This, I'm sure, is a rarity with these cars, but sweet baby jesus this would not be something I would want to deal with -eXUnZrykDY
  8. F

Owner Destroys BMW...

This guy apparently had too many engine problems with his M6 so he decided to destroy it in protest. What a waste. KDQKD_gbLnc
  9. F

Anyone selling a roof rack?

I will be getting a new mountain bike in a week or so and will need a rack. I can buy a THULE foot pack and just use the bars I have for my Tig, but a whole rack, and a bike carrier would be best. Should have jumped on that other FS rack/bike carrier...oh well. Lets see what you've got.
  10. F

LF: Offtopic - Nintendo DS or 3DS

I'm looking for a good price on a DS or 3DS or DS XL (I realize there are differences technically speaking). I would prefer that this comes with the box. Let me know what you've got.
  11. F

O.Z. Formula HLT - NEW

Any more information on these wheels? Offset? Also, has any one got them? If so...pics?
  12. F

GTA Stunt Driving

I had no idea an accent could go this fast http://www.citynews.ca/2013/01/03/stunt-driving-speeding-charges-for-driver-clocked-doing-175kmh-on-qew/
  13. F

Winter Wheels: 235/60R18 5x114.3

I'm selling my winter set up from my old Mazda CX7. Continental winter contact 4x4 rubber on Spyn RX5 Tech wheels. I realize these won't fit anyone's VW, which is the reason I'm selling, but if any of you have an Asian Made SUV, these should work. hub rings included. These have had one...
  14. F

Coming for a Visit - San Diego

I'm going to be traveling to SD for a week at the beginning of December, and I thought I'd ask what would be worth seeing/doing. We were there in July for a family vacation, but just my wife and I are coming back for a week. I'm going to be solo for the majority of the week since I'm tagging...
  15. F

Anyone ever removed the splash guards (mud flaps)

curious to know if the paint is ruined underneath. I've had mine on for a year, but I lowered the car recently and these are a problem now.
  16. F

HPA SHS Coilover Suspension installed

Thought I'd share my opinion of these coils. I really like the ride. It feels a little sharper than stock, but I wouldn't say its any more or less harsh. Its really similar. I didn't lower these all the way, but I could go down probably another 2cm. I want to try and see how low I can get...
  17. F

Coilover question - protection related

I just installed some HPA SHS coils, which are really nice btw, and I'm curious to know why there's no boot protecting the damper rod (not sure if this is a correct term, like the stock ones have? The bump stop has a plastic cover that goes over the thread, but no boot. I'm sure this is a...
  18. F

Suspension Install Kit - ECS

Curious to know the opinions on whether this kit is worth it. I'm going to be DIY'ing some coils and I'm looking to make it as painless as possible. My car has approximately 20,000km's so I'm under the impression I'll need to replace the bearings and stretch bolts anyway...
  19. F

PartsOutfitter.ca - Experiences ?

I'm looking to get some PIAA fog lights off here, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this site. Its apparently Canadian and they use UPS so I'm curious to know if its actually coming from Canada or will it be a surprise US shipment with duty.
  20. F

LF: OEM VW Wheels 17s or 18s

Need a set of alternate rims for the Tiguan for the winter. Looking for wheels with no tires, in 17 or 18.