GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. aamar517

STOCK: OEM 6 Speed Shifter

I have a stock shifter for sale - $15. Willing to shop as long as you cover the shipping. I was too lazy to remove my Nuespeed short shifter when I traded my car in so I have this stock one sitting in my garage taking up space. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. aamar517

FS: South Bend Clutch Stage II Daily

Up for sale is my brand new still in the box South Bend Clutch. I bought it in anticipation for my clutch to start slipping since I had been stage II for about 70k miles. Instead of installing the new clutch I ended up trading in the GTI for a 2016 S3 so I have no need for it. The box was open...
  3. aamar517

GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition

I am selling a Go Pro Hero 4 Black Edition camera. I won it at a raffle 2 weeks after I had already bought one so I have an unopened brand new Gopro for sale. Comes with everything in the box which includes the camera, waterproof case as well as the open back cover, several 3m sticky mounts and...
  4. aamar517

35th Edition Bumper Help Car Accident

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me locate the cheapest place to get a new 35th edition front bumper. I came home today after this happened. I ended up driving up to my garage where 2 people were in the process of breaking into my house. My garage, which is located in the alley behind...
  5. aamar517

Auto rain/light sensor for windshield

I just got a crack on my front window and I was wondering if anyone knows the part number for the window I need to be able to put the auto rain light sensor. I've seen bold sport offer a auto dimming mirror along with the sensor and everything else that's needed. I was curious if all of that is...
  6. aamar517

DIY DeAutoKey LED Headlight and Fog Lights

So I ordered the LED kit from DeAutoKey close to two months ago and finally got around to making a DIY guide on how to install them. When I received the package all the bulbs and ballasts were packaged really well. The box has very thick foam to prevent any damage to the bulbs and ballasts. When...
  7. aamar517

MightyCarMods Black Intercooler

The guys over at MCM just released a new video today. Found it pretty interesting. If you don't have access to youtube basically the guys test to see if painting your intercooler gives you better performance. f1QL9veQaNg&list=UUgJRL30YS6XFxq9Ga8W2J3A With air flow the air temperature between...
  8. aamar517

Longest shift!

I'm sitting at work bored and was wondering what's the longest people have worked in one shift? Wanted to see if I'm crazy or if other people work long shifts. I'm currently working 16 hours today but my record is working 2 days in a row at 22 hours each day! I Work for a valet company and we do...
  9. aamar517

Advice on 55w Hid kit - Safe to use?

I have 35 watt hid kit in my headlights right now. My left bulb died so I was thinking this would be the perfect time to swap both out for 55 watt. I have Ed's headlights and I was wondering if its safe to use the higher power ones without melting or damaging anything. I've read that some people...
  10. aamar517

Examples of CSG with painted trim

I was looking to see if anyone has painted their rear diffuser and side skirts a glossy black. I've seen it on some other cars but haven't seen it on a carbon steel gray. I wanted to sand out the texture in the plastic and paint it a nice glossy black.
  11. aamar517

Wheel Lock Key Replacement

I tried looking online but didn't come up with any place or website that sells wheel lock keys. Long story short I took my car in to get new tires and didn't realize that they never gave me back a key. It's been more than a month and the shop isn't cooperating with me. I was wondering if anyone...
  12. aamar517

Plane Crash at SFO

Plane just crashed at the San Francisco Airport. A Boeing 777 coming from South Korea crashed after the tail of the plane snapped off. It looks like the pilot was angled too high and snapped the tail of the plane off. Hope people are ok. there are reports of a body being found and a few burn...
  13. aamar517

DIY DeAutoKey Interior Lights

So I decided to have a go at making a DIY for the interior lights on a mk6 GTI. The one that I found only had a few pictures. I felt like there was not enough detail on them. Since I have a tendency to break plastic bits I thought I would help out some people who might appreciate a few tips when...
  14. aamar517

Cel with cruise control

I noticed today that when holding the + down to accelerate in cruise after about 3-5 seconds the check engine light will come on. Am I the only one or is this normal. I'm APR stage 2. And I almost never use cruise control. I have a cable so I can check for codes later tonight after work if its...
  15. aamar517

How do people get a license??

I just don't understand how some people are allowed to drive in america. There should be a rule if someone reports you as a shitty driver you would have to take driving lessons. And I don't understand why the DMV doesn't test on parking. Case in point this old fart who parked next to me. Its...
  16. aamar517

GTI with GLI front swap???

I tried looking and I know you can do it in the older cars but is it possible to swap out the fenders, bumper, hood and headlights from a GLI/Jetta and put it on the gti? I think it would look nice. post some pictures if you have any. I kinda want to do this to my GTI I imagine it would look...
  17. aamar517

How to remove water spots from INSIDE headlight???

Its been raining really hard in my area and I got enough condensation inside my passenger headlight to cause a few water spots. My question is. What's the best way to get rid of them without taking the headlight apart and wiping it up. I know I'm going to have to remove the headlight to fix it...
  18. aamar517

Help with Ed's replica tail lights

First of all I want to apologize for this thread I know the info is out there I just can't find it at the moment with my phone. So I installed the lights a few days ago and the reverse lights both just crapped out on me at the same time while I was reversing. So I need some new bulbs. I was...
  19. aamar517

San Franciscans = horrible parkers

Got in my car today after parking over night on a steep hill at 90 degrees. Noticed this lovely dent from what I assume is Mr. Butterfingers door falling into my car. Now my question is can a dent less repair guy fix this. I was thinking of getting a heat gun and dry ice and trying to un-dent...
  20. aamar517

Help!!!! OEM tails

So I might get a chance buy some some OEM tails for 500 bucks picked up. The only thing is I have a carbon steel gray and the lights are cherry and not tinted. I was wondering if you guys could post up some pics of cherry tails on CSG gti. My other question is how hard/ how much would it cost...