GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Well, look what we have here

I finally got it! I am so stoked. I went to the auto hobby shop on base and got her on the lift. When I got under the car I nearly pooped myself. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to do the job myself. Remove the drive shaft? No thank you. I'm taking her down to Kansas City...
  2. C

Golden bullet takes out compressor assembly

Hey, I just got back from my dealership and had a lengthy conversation with VWoA. Apparently a rock found its way through the venting in front and punctured a hose in my compressor assembly. Since it is an "outside" object that damaged my car it is not covered by warranty. I am waiting for a...
  3. C

Color matched side marker install

I just got my ESE color matched side markers. At first glance it looks like I need to remove the wheel to undo some significant plastic covers to get in there. My 11 GTI had a little "port" you could access to get in there. Is my initial thought correct or am I having a derp moment?
  4. C

My boys at HPA Motorsports

So, I thought I would throw in a link to show what they are doing, and what I ordered. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNtEUWjrjb8 I got this pre-ordered with diamond-black tips. I pretty much ended up going all HPA. It just kind of ended up that way. I have already ordered tune, turbo-back...
  5. C

Explain your User Name.

My callsign is "Corn" and I'm a pilot of a reconnaissance aircraft in the USAF
  6. C

After much deliberation on upgrades

I've decided to go with HPA Motorsports for my engine's primary upgrades. I will be ordering their tune, downpipe, CAI and HPFP in mid December to be installed right before the 25th. I'm also putting money down on their catback so I can get one when it is released. Merry Christmas to me...
  7. C

'13 Pearl Black, 4-Door, Golf R. "Marceline"

Here's my build thread. I'll post pictures soon. Done: Soudakator unplugged 20% tint all around Debadged back end Ordered: HPA engine tune HPA downpipe HPA HPFP HPA short-shifter HPA CAI ESE color-matched side markers To do: Wheels (leaning towards VWR) Coilovers (need to research this) HPA...
  8. C

Looks like I'll be hanging out here now

I traded my 2011 United Grey GTI for a 2013 Black Pearl R. What should I start doing to her? Tint and clear bra on Tuesday.
  9. C

Next Gen R

Am I correct in assuming the US gets the Golf R every five years? Or are we looking at getting one every year. I'm just trying to figure out what I am going to get in 2015. I love the GTI, but I deal with a lot of a snow here in Omaha and I am looking for AWD. Thanks for the help.
  10. C

APR Stage One installed

And I am totally happy. Guys at BHR down in Kansas City, MO did the work. They were great to work with. Next is APR turbo back and new wheels.
  11. C

CornRecce's 2011 Autobahn GTI

2011 United GrayMKVI GTI Autobahn Package w/ DSG Engine: - Neuspeed P-Flo Air Intake (Installed) - Neuspeed TOP pipe - Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Pipe - APR Stage 2 ECU w/ Stock, 91, 93, 100 programs (Ordered) - APR Intercooler - APR Down pipe - APR K04 In any event. Feel free to comment or...
  12. C

Durability of upgrades

Hey, brand new owner of 2012 GTI. Im pretty new to the upgrading vehicles thing so please forgive the newb questions. I'm looking to upgrade my car initially to stage 2 with a high probability of going to stage 3. The first question I have is: how will stage 2/3 affect the lifespan of my mkvi...