GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Eat_My_Shorts

Weather tech Sun Shade - horrible experience -

Anyone have a weather tech sun shade? Just got one and it fits horribly. Both ECS and weather tech says it’s right, basically deal with it or pay to ship back. They are saying they sent the right product it’s my issue. I’m convinced this is wrong, or their product is just shit. Looking for other...
  2. Eat_My_Shorts

Pesky P0036

Had a code for P0036, figured quick easy replacement of rear o2 sensor. Swapped it out with a new Bosh sensor and still have the same P0036 code. Sensor was obviously broken, so definitely expected it being the sensor. Any suggestions?
  3. Eat_My_Shorts

Color help

Looking for some help, currently have a set of Klutch wheels in candy red with chrome lip. The red is starting to show signs of wear and will get them refinished. I have decided on a metallic bronze/copper kinda color. Issue I’m having is all powder shops won’t touch them. Saying that they have...
  4. Eat_My_Shorts

Moving to Vegas

Will be arriving to Vegas in a few days and car will be arriving early March. looking for some recommendations, will need a tint shop, powder coat shop as well as mechanic. I have a random misfire on cylinder 3 and know it will be an emissions fail. Have changed coil packs and plugs, moved...
  5. Eat_My_Shorts

Another Clutch Question

So I'm getting ready to buy my new new clutch, know I'm going southbend. Now just have 1 questions before I do as I'm not finding the answer. Reading http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49165 They talk about the new disk being provided by Exedy, what I think is great. Now my...
  6. Eat_My_Shorts

Need some advice - Relationship/gift idea

So, life has been crazy the past few months. Actually biggest reason why I have not been around much. Had to sell my wheels, stop putting cash into the car and coming around the site sucked. The first long story short...found out wife was playing around and currently single(ish). Right after...
  7. Eat_My_Shorts

Project T25

Project T25 - Irene So might not be GTI but still VW. Well went with a different van then before, picked up a 1981 Devon Conversion with a 2.0 air cooled automatic transmission. Has been named Irene and a wonderful van she has been. Includes Propane propex heater Number of cabinets Camping...
  8. Eat_My_Shorts

GoPro and Accessories....what you have/like?

So been looking at my collection of GoPro accessories and possible new mounts. Wondering what people have, what people like, what is a must have?
  9. Eat_My_Shorts

Air Ride Setup

Decided I need to go air, with that I have been trying to look at different builds and see what setup they have in the trunk. This is not to be a discussion on air ride, all that will take place Here This is strictly to be used for showing and discussion different setups in the trunk...
  10. Eat_My_Shorts

BBS CH Real or Fake?

I know someone wanting to swap my 3SDMs for his CH. Only thing is I dont know if they are real. 18x8 ET45 I thought they only came ET50, is this correct? I know BBS normally use metal hubrings, but the previous owner (guy selling is the 2nd owner) did not supply the rings and he purchased...
  11. Eat_My_Shorts

Anti Roll Bushings

Car just got done with 20K mile maint, was given an adversary to replace the anti roll bushings in the near future. Was thinking when I replace them might as well upgrade at the same time. Anything I should be replacing as I take it apart? What are my options?
  12. Eat_My_Shorts

GTI Festival - Wellingborough UK

Anyone else going or interesting in meeting up? http://www.vwaction.com/gtifestival/index.html First group of people are meeting up at the A1(M) and A605 Services station around 830 for a 845/9 depart time. We are also meeting up with more people where the A605 and A14 join into A45 at...
  13. Eat_My_Shorts

Another Clutch Question

Well I have joined the I need a new clutch club, was expecting it to happen and of course it happens at the worst possible time. It just started to slip, only slips under throttle with Stage 2. I put it in stock mode and it does not slip. I won't have the funds to replace for at least...
  14. Eat_My_Shorts

Installing a CB

Group I hang out with uses a CB on a regular occasion, I have done a temporary install a few times having wires all over the place, but looking for something more permanent. Dont really like the mag mounts, not only do I risk them falling off but just the putting on and off I risk scratching...
  15. Eat_My_Shorts

A/C Stinks

Finally got hot here in Enland (93) and had to turn on my A/C....it went off as quick as it went on. Out of the vents is a sour bitter smell blasting at me. I called my local VW shop and was told its not covered, if I want the smell gone I would have to pay ~$70. This is maybe the 3rd time I...
  16. Eat_My_Shorts

US vs ROW Parts

Being I have a US spec GTI and with me living in the UK I have had a few offers to swap my front bumper for there bumper. Got me thinking....what else is different on the US cars? Anything suggestions on what I should look out for when swapping parts?
  17. Eat_My_Shorts

I hate UK roads

So on the 1st I installed some white 3SDM .05 wheels. Yesterday because of the shit roads here I now have 2 jacked up wheels. First was a giant dip in the road, hit it doing about 75, shook the entire car, could hear the impact on the tire. Got home and found a nice scrape on about half the...
  18. Eat_My_Shorts

New Coilovers - New Squeaks

Installed S1 coilovers on the 1st, from the start it was making a few squeaks and creaks. Started to look things up and found its kinda common with the S1 to have the top mounts make noise after install. Also found out that the top mounts are directional after doing the install. Is it...
  19. Eat_My_Shorts

Looking for a Color

Wanting to do a bronze finish on my wheels. Was looking at the bronze burst from VMR but decided to go with a different wheel and cant get the paint code from VMR and dont blame them. Have been looking at the M5 Sepang bronze Any other suggestions? I talked to my painter and he said...
  20. Eat_My_Shorts

Any Tent Recommendations

Have been trying to get my wife to go camping for years. Finally got her to go and she realized she liked it. Hope to do it more often and dont want to rent a tent from base if I dont need to. Any recommendations or suggestions? Currently its just the 2 of us so dont need anything huge. Will...