GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Rolling_GTI

High mileage mk6 GTI

That's nothing, I went 282,000 and motor still ran. Like others said. Check on the timing chain/tensioner, as it's a $2,000+ job. Also id expect the suspension to start needing attention near the mileage you are looking at. As long as you understand it may need some work, go for it. Great...
  2. Rolling_GTI

Clutches

I ran a fx350, never used SB. Never driven one that felt right to me. Check out Ringer Racing. Bit uncommon, but WOW nice I'm in my second stage 3 clutch from them. Feels bone stock except my lightweight flywheel, holds power well. I am at 140,000 miles on current clutch, grabs hard, but...
  3. Rolling_GTI

How many miles out of an engine?

I know the Evora is the easy choice. I hate to not have a car to hammer on this summer also. First world problems
  4. Rolling_GTI

If I'm doing it, I do it 100%. I wouldn't reuse sensors that had been sitting in the junkyard for years, same with any easy to change seals, water pump etc. $2,500 for a clutch is pretty normal for a good one for our cars. My current one is at 140,000 miles, all at K04 and still grabs fine...
  5. Rolling_GTI

Engine has 284,000 miles, stage 2 since 10,000miles. It needs a full rebuild and likely machine work. Any less and I may as well toss a junkyard motor in as-is. I am torn on keeping her or not. Here's the dilemma... It's $8,500 for a rebuilt engine, figure $2,500 for a new clutch and I'm...
  6. Rolling_GTI

2012 gti complete part out

Is the engine ok and availabile?
  7. Rolling_GTI

SB Stage 3 drop in disc

Labor is 2/3 the cost. If you are in there. I'd replace it all, and never just one piece. Everyone who did a disc only that I knew, regretted it later.
  8. Rolling_GTI

Yup I see oil pressure warnings every time I am in first going uphill or downhill now. I feel no difference, but have verified the low pressure. I figure she's dead this summer. Can't complain, got my money's worth out of her.
  9. Rolling_GTI

Sounds like you are taking your maintenance serious. Turbos are hit and miss, sone die at 100k, others 200k. I'd expect that to go in the next 30k miles. I'm up to 280k miles on original motor, did timing chain and tensioners at 90k, never since. I've starting to see balance shaft issues...
  10. Rolling_GTI

At 280,000 and totally agree with Grabbit. Although I never removed that screen myself. But oil changes every 5K and good oil goes a LONG way, and carbon cleaning when needed. It's not hard to do
  11. Rolling_GTI

RNS315 Navigation Updates

Don't buy the updates. I bought 3, and have not seen any roads added. I swear they only update the POI. Go aftermarket.
  12. Rolling_GTI

DELETE

"Normal play" is none! Yes it does sound like your axles are worn. They should only be able to be turned slightly, no other movement should be present.
  13. Rolling_GTI

Refresh kits worth it

Depends how your car drives. But usually yes they are worth every penny.
  14. Rolling_GTI

Yo I still love my k04 MK6. Maybe more now than ever.

I've had a slight leak from my valve cover for the past 180k miles, and have only replaced my water pump once, and that's only cause a fat mechanic leaned on it and broke the pulley off, at 210,000 miles. These pumps going bad often sound like a poor install. I did rip the belt off when I over...
  15. Rolling_GTI

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Replaced EVERY part of the steering and suspension minus the rack. Feels like a new car again, even at 275,000 miles. If anyone is thinking of doing this, it cost me around $5,000 in parts, labor would probably be like $2.5k at a shop
  16. Rolling_GTI

Soo stumped on which stage 2 clutch to go with for my MK6R, looking for insight

Try Ringer Racing. Uses Sachs pressure plate, feels very stock and I'm on over 120,000 miles on my current one at k04 levels. They last. My first was replaced at 90,000 miles due to the throw out bearing failing, clutch still had half life left.
  17. Rolling_GTI

Clutch Recommendations

Just make sure you replace it all while in there. So many early southbend users only did the clutch disc and regretted it soon after. Personally I'd recommend Ringer clutch kits. I've had a 400lbs one in my car since 140k, im at 270k now and been K04 since 200k. Clutch still feels smooth...
  18. Rolling_GTI

What is a worn out Mk6 GTI worth?

So I am fairly certain I have the highest mileage MK6 out there at 270,000 miles at the time of this post. So I pose a serious question to you all, as I am unsure the answer. What is a worn out Mk6 GTI worth? In a couple years I will finally be ready to part with my car I bought new. The...
  19. Rolling_GTI

2 door passenger door stuck closed

So I've got a replacement latch and am trying to get my passenger door open. I read threads that mention removing the outer handle, but I can't get the key hole cover off at all, there is not even a notch for a screwdriver like the driver's side has. I've also tried hitting unlock while...
  20. Rolling_GTI

Anyone familiar with purchasing UB brace from overseas?

It's a copy. Doubt it's made as accurately as real one. The unibrace guy isn't getting rich off these, he makes them in his garage. He's a great dude for our community, please support him and buy the real brace, you won't regret it.