GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tman1

Rear Parking Sensor Buzzer (Location)

Anyone know the stock location of the rear parking sensor buzzer? Last I read somewhere, it was in the left C-Pillar. Couldn't find it in both C-Pillars. Any ideas where else it could be? Mines shorted out and the whole system wont work so I have a replacement buzzer. EDIT...
  2. tman1

Expansion (Coolant) Tank Change

Would I end up introducing air in to the cooling system if I change the tank without any pressure tools?
  3. tman1

Hottexhaust.com

Any recent feedback on these guys? Ordered a Magnaflow CB 31/01/14 and it's not been shipped out until today. A couple of weeks ago I got an email saying it would ship out in a couple of days, still nothing. No reply to emails etc.
  4. tman1

Car wont start - P068A

Car won't start. Scanned and threw a single code: Doesn't seem like a dead battery since everything lights up just fine and all electrics work full brightness. Can even remote lock or unlock the car without issue. Should I try a jump start...
  5. tman1

Engine cut off during decline

I've had this engine cut off happen twice now in the exact same spot, on a decline from Level 1 parking at a shopping mall. I wouldn't say it's a very steep decline and this has happened only twice out of at least 7-8 visits. What could cause the engine to cut off like that? Couldn't be fuel...
  6. tman1

Fog Light Popped Out

The other days I scratched up the front right of my bumper pretty good on a high pavement. So far I'd only seen a lot of scratching and scuffing but yesterday a friend noticed the entire fog light housing was off. The fog light housing is not attached to the bumper anymore and is hanging loose...
  7. tman1

1 year - Engine %#&@#$!

One year to the date since I bought the car the engine gives up on me. Shuddering on acceleration with CEL and EPC I had to pull over to the side of the road. After a while car would not crank. Then was able to crank but not start. Scan revealed Cyl 4 misfire and low fuel pressure. Replaced...
  8. tman1

CEL+EPC... Coilpack?

Earlier today I had an issue while driving to work. - Car stuttered and then ran very rough on any acceleration. - CEL popped up followed by EPC light. CEL eventually extinguishes. - White smoke from exhaust. Left the car in bay beside highway and just now scanned (end of post). Now car...
  9. tman1

SPM New Suspension Mods (Springs & Sways)

SPM has just started accepting pre-orders on their lowering springs and 26mm/22mm front and rear sway bars for the Mk6 GTI. http://www.drivespm.com/category-s/1828.htm Here's hoping for some more info than the website lists. Lowering springs ok with stock shocks? Sway bars solid or hollow...
  10. tman1

VW Club Oman @ Motorsport Festival 2013

Volkswagen Oman and the VW Club Oman came together for a great showing at the first Oman Motorsport Festival held at the Oman Automobile Association. The event was the first of its kind in Oman that brought many aspects of motorsport under one roof. On one hand was the displays from local car...
  11. tman1

EVOMS intake install

Just received my EVOMS V-Flow for the Mk6 TSI. Bought used on here. I've received the heat shield, two hose clamps, two pieces of tubing (one flexible) and the filter with J pipe. Should there be some bolts here or do I have to use the stock ones? I have none. If bolts are required can...
  12. tman1

My 'United Grey' Golf GTI MK6

After my Subaru Legacy turned five, I decided it was time for something fun. Never did I expect it to be quite like this. I hated hatchbacks and it was only because of the 2012 Impreza STi that I dared venture into the world of the hot hatches. So while shopping around I popped into the VW...
  13. tman1

What bumper is this?

Any idea what bumper this is? Looks pretty cool.
  14. tman1

Whatever happened to VDUBKey?

Bought some neat looking seat inserts from him a while back and now he seems to have disappeared like the CIA. Threads deleted, no user, no website, no facebook page. Spooky stuff! :iono:
  15. tman1

Two Problems? Whistling and Paddles

Have a couple of issue on my pretty much brand new '12 GTI DSG. 1050 KMS Paddles First major issue that has repeated more than a couple of random times is the paddle shifters will fail to work. The only way to get them working is to turn off the car and start it again. Whistling Another...