GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A_Bowers

SPM Front and Rear Sway bar install and review.

As I have done in the past, this will serve as a DIY guide and review of these products. If you have seen my recent comments about the dynamics of the car, you will have noticed a trend with what I have been saying. I've got springs, W.ALK, UB and XB on the car. While all of these items have...
  2. A_Bowers

We all have had these kind of moments

SO. Maybe not that big of a moment, but when the guy starts saying, "Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck." I think we can all relate to that sentiment...
  3. A_Bowers

For all you Star Wars fans

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan and a friend of mine shared this with me. Enjoy folks! http://imgur.com/a/HGtG0
  4. A_Bowers

I may never leave my couch again

If you were ever in any doubt that there is an "app for that" you can remove all doubt now. I present the Pizza Hut Xbox 360 app.....this is winning in the most pure sense. http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/22/4252934/pizza-hut-for-xbox-360-app-kinect
  5. A_Bowers

GTI Data Logging Compendium

This thread will serve as a comparison thread for ALL GTI logs. I want this to be as academic as possible, and any posts that are deemed inappropriate will be deleted. 3rd party logging (i.e. members) is preferred, however if a tuner would like to share information (and that alone) that is...
  6. A_Bowers

Engine break in period *VW specified*

I've seen a bunch of threads and comments made about run in or "breaking in" our motors.... This is straight out of my 2012 owners manual. Take it for what you will. Do what you would like,, all I'm doing is passing it along. I followed this. And have with my other vehicles.
  7. A_Bowers

$9.99 Torque wrench at Harbor Freight

SO, i would be amiss if i didnt pass this deal along. Harbor freight has their 1/2 drive 20-120lbft on sale for $9.99 after coupon. Ive needed one with a larger capacity recently, and havent had it. Here is the link. Torque Wrench Link
  8. A_Bowers

H&R 10mm and 12mm spacers

Selling a set of spacers with extended lug bolts. $165.00 shipped. Photos will be up shortly. PayPal gifted please.
  9. A_Bowers

10 car mods that make people think you are an A-Hole

http://jalopnik.com/ten-car-mods-that-make-people-think-you-re-an-asshole-123108858 Number 9, 5, 3, and 1 seem applicable here :)
  10. A_Bowers

24 Hours at Daytona

As there may be many people, myself included, going to this event, I want to try and get a running list of who all can make it out. Not many people may know this, but its VW 50th Anniversary of Motorsports, and they are celebrating at Daytona. Here is a blurb about what all is going to happen...
  11. A_Bowers

Front end bracing

After driving around for several hundred miles with the UniBrace UB on....something has become severely apparent with the GTI. The middle to rear of the car is so much more controlled, planted, solid....whatever you want to call it. Those with this modification can speak to how good this thing...
  12. A_Bowers

Understanding Heatsoak

Over the past several months I have been discussing here and there what the effects an intercooler has on a turbocharged vehicle. The main discussion I want to promote with this thread is UNDERSTANDING the definition and principles behind it. THIS will not be a Brand X vs Brand Y debate...
  13. A_Bowers

Big question for APR and Arin@APR

So I'm curious guys.....I know the VW and Audi scene is alive and kickin but when did you get into Vettes?! Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
  14. A_Bowers

SPM Full engine mount Review and Install

Here it is, the first review on the board of the DRIVESPM Full engine mount kit. Over the course of the next couple of weeks or so I will be giving a detailed installation and then after that initial impressions along with a month long update of how they are performing. Without further adieu...
  15. A_Bowers

Team Innovations. Possibly the worst ever.

I'll let the video do the talking. BnqReoVijIY
  16. A_Bowers

SPM Intercooler Install and review.

Soooo, after about a month of waiting (didn't have hoses in stock) I got my Intercooler in to the house. Here are some before install pictures and initial thoughts about it. I will say this. The SPM unit is a heck of a deal at $565.00 shipped compared to the very similar Unitronic IC that...
  17. A_Bowers

Alignment issues

Saturday night some idiot woman ran me off the road because she was too engrossed in her conversation to watch where she was going. So, ever since then to keep the car driving straight, the steering wheel must be turned to the left. It will stay there and track straight but when I put the...
  18. A_Bowers

SouthBend Stage 3 Drop in Review

A month or so ago I began to experience the dreaded clutch slipping issue with my TSI motor. A bit of background. Went stage 1 at 1000 miles (actually rolled over to 1020 miles as I pulled into APR's parking lot). Drove around a bit, needed more power (who doesn't, right?) Bought a UR catless...
  19. A_Bowers

Other hobbies besides the GTI

So I've been fishing a bunch. Primarily focused on bass, and I play golf semi-regularly. Just wanted to see what else others do in their spare time. My best friend pullin in this 3 1/2 pounder Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  20. A_Bowers

Death to the bees

So, I come home today and notice these holes in my front porch column. Did a bit of research, Find out about Carpenter Bees. So, after a bit of "how-too'ing" on google, wasp killer and carb cleaner were busted out and I started evictions pronto. Maniacal laugh!!!!! Sent from my iPad...