GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

Port Townsend Cruise Roll Call

For those of you who aren't in the Seattle Rs FB group, who all is coming on the cruise? Anyone want to meet in the north end to head down to Pacific Raceways? I know there are a few of us who all live in the northgate area...
  2. I

Machining rims 2-3mm to change offset: yes or no

Now before you jump down my throat, I am not talking about machining a large amount off the rim, only 2-3mm. I have both VMR v710s (18x8.5 et45) and a set of VMR 705s (19x8.5 et45) and would like to have them be about an et47. I know a couple people who have done this, but they are by no means...
  3. I

Golf Rs in the Seattle area.

More at http://www.flickr.com/photos/iandummy/sets/72157632523344709/ from the meet up on Saturday. Sorry for the crappy photo quality. Been about 2 years since I last shot anything...
  4. I

12/22/2012 meet up in Kirkland

Cross posted from VWVortex to get a few more of you guys in...
  5. I

ESC defeat DIY (Yes, it really works)

The DIY is posted here: http://carsareweapons.com/golfR.html It works. I have personally done it on my car and it makes it WAY more fun...especially with the HPA haldex controller. Enjoy!
  6. I

what's better than 1 Golf R? How about 2 of them...

My wife hated her Abarth and we had nothing but issues with the dealership and Fiat as a whole. 3 days before our wedding she was hit by an uninsured driver without a valid drivers license making an illegal left turn. After 5 weeks of screwups by Fiat sending the wrong parts to the body shop...
  7. I

Leavenworth cruise anyone?

as the title states...anyone going on the leavenworth cruise this saturday? it would be great to meet some of you.
  8. I

HPA 3" downpipe + APR stage 2 tune = WOW!

Yesterday I picked up my R from HPA up in Canada with their brand new 3" stainless downpipe with 100cell cat. I was stage 1 APR with no intake and a gen4 Haldex controller. Per the dyno runs HPA did on their in-house dyno, just adding the downpipe added 20tq and 13hp and moved the torque curve...
  9. I

So I'm giving up the R on Thursday...

...and going back to a MKV GTI. I just can't stand the AWD drive and the inability to turn off traction control. Actually, I am letting the team at HPA Motorsports in Canada borrow my R for a week so they can get the final design for their downpipe (3" stainless steel with 100 or 200 cell...
  10. I

dummy's golf R build: Günther

I'm getting started on this a bit late, but I also haven't been active on here for very long. I took delivery on February 2nd and promptly got to work on "Günther." I'll post pics (and videos) as I have them... 3 Feb 2012: Pickup. This shot is from while it was being PDI'd. I got to watch and...
  11. I

for those of you wanting LED tails...look here

http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/17141421.sf/en_US/?ViewObjectID=29241399 $629 for OEM LED tails, adapter wires, and shipping. you're welcome.
  12. I

Anyone have a Haldex controller on their R yet?

I've got an appointment to have the gen4 Haldex controller installed next Friday up at HPA motorsports in Vancouver, BC. I'm also going to go stage I on Wednesday so we'll see how it goes... I'll definitely post a review and pics when I get it done. Going to see if they'll let me time lapse the...