GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jaxper

FS: Vagcom cable (micro-can)

Looking for $230 shipped or $220 picked up in central CT. Post here or PM if interested. Generic picture, but this is the one I have:
  2. Jaxper

WTB: Nexus 7, 32GB, second gen

BOUGHT. Please disregard.
  3. Jaxper

Help me decide on my next car

After my MK6 GTI was totaled in February, I picked up a MK4 1.8T. This car was intended to be a temporary car to hold me over until the MK7 R came out. With the MK4 in and out of the shop since I got it (unfortunately, all problems that couldn't be seen during my/my friend's inspection without...
  4. Jaxper

FS: UNIbrace UB's Spacer kit

First off for clarity, this is for the SPACER KIT ONLY, not the UB. I never got an aftermarket exhaust that would necessitate installing this prior to my GTI being totaled. I just realized that I grabbed it from my car before the whole process was over. It's $45 through UNIbrace. Save a few...
  5. Jaxper

FS: Dash cubby

Up for sale is my new, never installed dash cubby. I bought it a while back but never got around to installing it prior to my GTI being totaled. SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
  6. Jaxper

Price Check: CPO Golf R

Some of you may know, but my GTI was totaled in an accident last Sunday. FWIW, the worst injury was a few cuts on my wrist from the airbag. Anyway, now I'm looking to upgrade to the Golf R with how frequently I've been making snowboarding trips up north. There doesn't seem to be any new Rs...
  7. Jaxper

Motorcycle Thread

I plan on getting another bike for this upcoming season so I'll obviously have to get insurance for it. I plan on getting a newer bike (09+ ZX6R) so I'll more than likely be leaning toward full coverage on it. For the hell of it, I quoted through Geico (my auto insurer) for a '13 ZX6R with...
  8. Jaxper

Alloy wheel repair in CT

Bent one of my wheels on a nasty pothole earlier this week and I need to get it fixed. Anyone have any experience with a good repair shop in CT, preferably near Hartford?
  9. Jaxper

AMA: Jaxper, the Panda Man

I can't think of any limitations. I will edit this if any serious limitations come up. With that said, have at it.
  10. Jaxper

WTB: Thule Pulse XL cargo box

As the title states, I'm looking for the Thule Pulse XL cargo box. With winter fast approaching, I want to have the extra travel space for more passengers as the equipment usually takes up the trunk and one/two of the rear seats. Ideally, I'd be looking to pick up in the New England area, but I...
  11. Jaxper

BBM Thread

With BBM now out for Android and iOS, I figured we could share our PINs here for anyone who is giving it a try. We can get a 'GolfMK6 Group' going on there for anyone interested. Feel free to add me if you'd like, just add your username to the invite message so I'll have an idea of who you are...
  12. Jaxper

Book Chat Thread

Didn't see anything when I searched, so I figured I'd start one. Feel free to discuss any and all books that you've read, are reading, or plan to read. *** PLEASE MARK ANY SPOILERS YOU DISCUSS *** Just finished Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher - great book. Looking forward to reading the rest...
  13. Jaxper

POLL for the men

A friend of mine recently made a comment that I should get my "lion's mane" waxed. It made me think of 40 Year Old Virgin and sparked a thought - how much it would take for the rest of the guys here to get it done?
  14. Jaxper

Ski/Snowboarding Thread

I figured enough of us here ski and/or snowboard so I figured I'd start a thread for discussion. Just started snowboarding last winter, and I'm already hooked. Can't wait for this season to start already. Anyone have any trips planned yet?
  15. Jaxper

FS: Set of Detroits

SOLD Looking to get $475 (plus possible shipping costs) for the set. If all are claimed for individual sale (plus possible shipping costs): - great condition: $150/ea - circular mark wheel: $125 - curbed: $100 All prices are slightly negotiable, within reason, feel free to PM offers. First...
  16. Jaxper

3M Detailing deals

Thought some of you here might appreciate this: 3M deals on Woot
  17. Jaxper

Cell phone situation

The ear speaker on my phone started getting really fuzzy last night while on the phone. I have insurance on it so I'm going to take it in to get repaired. The only thing is, it's an old phone (HTC Evo 4G) so I'm assuming they won't have any around for swaps. I think I'll be offered a new...
  18. Jaxper

deAutoKey footwells and license plate LEDs

I had been running VWVenison interior LEDs for a while with red footwells. It always bothered me how spotty the footwells looked. I apologize for the huge pictures. After seeing how smooth the ones in the deAutoKey set looked, I decided to give them a go. I do not regret the decision at...
  19. Jaxper

WTB: Dash cubby for my GTI

Looking to buy a dash cubby for my GTI to move the change out of the center cupholder. Thinking $50 shipped, but open to offers. Post here or PM me (preferred), please.
  20. Jaxper

Roof racks

I searched a bit, but with the filters at work, I may have missed some images posted, so I apologize if I did. Anyway, I'll be looking to get a roof rack at some point (more likely for next snowboarding season) so I figured I'd start looking now just in case I find a good deal at some point...