GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. usefulidiot

Winter Set-Up

What’s everybody running? I’ve been on 16” Gislaved Nord Frosts for the last 4 winters. Not overly impressed, the sidewalls are way too soft and they don’t handle in slush at all. They were cheap off of a traded in EOS, the old lady still had winters in her garage for $200 with one winter on...
  2. usefulidiot

Thule Vertex 2 Hitch Mount Bike Carrier BNIB

I'm listing this on behalf of a buddy who has a bunch of other volkswagens. His wife told him he needs one that carries more than two.... So this is listed on Amazon.ca for $330. Asking $280. This is brand new and in the box as listed...
  3. usefulidiot

VCDS coding for LED tails

Grabbed some OEM LED tails with fogs last week. Quality, fitment, and installation were all great. Obviously I got a bulb error. I looked quickly through the threads and found a common coding trend...and gave it to my guy who has VCDS, but, not an expert. This eliminated the error on the...
  4. usefulidiot

Engine Mounts

Hi all!! I'm sitting at 110,000 KM(Canada eh!), and I've developed some vibration in the cabin and I can feel the engine sloshing around a bit as well as on start-up. Has anyone upgraded their mounts to the 034 Motorsport mounts that are specific to the 2.5L engine? Or, other aftermarket...
  5. usefulidiot

FS: OEM Thunder 18x8 w. Conti DWS

SOLD to Rob Ford
  6. usefulidiot

17" OEM Porto w. ConiProContact

*SOLD*17" OEM Porto w. ConiProContact SOLD - Going onto a Golf R for winter setup! Hi, Selling 4 alloy 17" OEM VW "Porto" rims and Continental ContiProContact tires - 225R/45/17. These rims have NO CURBRASH or defects of any kind and were not driven in the winter. These all-season tires...
  7. usefulidiot

FS - DG Springs - NEW

Sold to forum member - Sanjiyan Selling brand new, never installed DG Springs #5K3071677B. Bought them thinking all 2 door manuals were "A"and all 2 door DSG/Auto were "B". Didn't read enough....let this be a lesson to you kids. 2 door Manual, 2.5, GTI, or TDI = 5K3071677A 2 door DSG, GTI or...
  8. usefulidiot

Anyone have experience at UNIONRIM in Toronto?

I'm looking at upgrading my 17" Porto rims that came with my Golf. I came across a couple of nice OEM dealer takeaways at UNIONRIM in GTA. Has anyone dealt with them or know somebody who has? Would appreciate any input. Looking at these...