GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Official California FS/FT/WTB/WTT Thread

WTB: H&R rear away bar. Prefer the 26mm version but open to a 24mm. Open to trading my Hotchki 27mm rear if you're interested. Located in San Francisco, CA Bay Area
  2. D

Stage 1 vs Stage 2? And what about reliability?

I've gone from APR Stage 1 to Stage 2 and ultimately back to Stage 1 now. Stage 2 was fun when I had time and energy to install the parts and drive the car hard for sure. But now that I have to deal with getting a smog check every 2 years and don't have the desire to remove/reinstall the...
  3. D

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

I never did place the order for the sensor only so I can't confirm if they have it in stock but this site (and a few others if you google the part #) show the part in stock: https://www.volkswagenpartsplus.com/oem-parts/volkswagen-sensor-8p4965873a Is your car PZEV? Or out of your state's...
  4. D

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Definitely a nice price on that radiator/sensor kit! Never heard of that site but glad you had a good experience. LOL @ stocking up on the sensors. If you start doing that be sure to write a nice guide or do a Youtube video that properly illustrates how to remove the radiator. Most say to...
  5. D

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

Bumping this old thread with some new info: For those that don't want to splice wires or hack the sensor, it does appear that you can now buy the sensor alone, but it's not cheap. Part # is 8P4965873A and it appears to be available online at various VW parts dealers for $150 - $200. All the...
  6. D

What did you do to your MK6 today?

For those that don't want to splice wires or hack the sensor, it does appear that you can now buy the sensor alone, but it's not cheap. Part # is 8P4965873A and it appears to be available online at various VW parts dealers for $150 - $200. All the threads and VW shops/mechanics I spoke to know...
  7. D

U102F CEL help!!

Right now I'm stage 1 APR tuned with the stock intake. My car has been there before for warranty repairs so it's probably flagged in their system. They've been good to me and have honored warranty repairs regardless but it's always a crapshoot. Do you think with my car the way it is they'll...
  8. D

U102F CEL help!!

Thanks. I did see that Mercedes sensor swap fix. Someone also said that the sensor is causing a CEL and so would be related to the federal EPA 8yr/80K emissions warranty if I took it to the dealer. Unfortunately dealers are saying that I'll need to agree to a $250 diagnosis fee to verify the...
  9. D

U102F CEL help!!

Reviving this older thread since I now see that you can find 8P4965873A at a few online VW/Audi parts stores. Has anyone else tried just swapping in the sensor to save the $100 or so buying a full radiator replacement? I suppose that if the radiator fails (I'm at 70k-ish miles on my 2012 GTI)...
  10. D

FS: Unitronic downpipe w/ o2 spacers, Vibrant resonator

$350 OBO. Willing to ship if you want to pay for it. Located in San Francisco Bay Area. De-modded a little down to stage 1 so I'm selling this. I've tried SPM and AWE - IMO neither can touch the Unitronic downpipe in ease of install, fitment and long-term quality. Fits MK6 GTI's, possibly MK5...
  11. D

Bad turbo? Exhaust leak?

This sound started happening about a week ago. No change in how much or how hard I've been driving the car. 2012 with 70k miles. APR stage 2, Unitronic intake and downpipe. High pitched squealing noise that sounds like a belt slipping - if you know what sounds like. The squeal gets quickly...
  12. D

WTB: Neuspeed RSe05 or WTT: Neuspeed RSe12

Prefer California local sell/trade but can talk shipping. Silver or Gunmetal RSe05 17x8 ET45 preferred. Unless you're selling your variation at a good price :w00t: Open to trades for my existing Neuspeed Rse12 18x8 ET45. Daily driven for 6 years. Slight dent in one that doesn't affect how...
  13. D

Suspension Noise ID Help

2012 GTI. 55K total miles. Roughly 35K with DG springs and 034 strut mounts. 10K with Koni orange shocks (stocks had slow leak). Tyrolsport deadset kit. Energy Suspension dogbone mount insert. WALK kit. No sign of noise until this past weekend. Noise quickly became as regular as road noise. Can...
  14. D

Is this my rear sway bar creaking?

Creaking? Clunking? Not sure what the official term is but my car sounds like its riding on styrofoam almost and makes a fairly loan creaking noise as I go over speed bumps or a big enough road imperfection like dips or a manhole cover. Hotchki RSB that I just relubricated maybe a month ago via...
  15. D

The Next Car Swap

What's a "melineal" life? Sure hope that wasn't meant to be millennial :D:D:D Sorry to hear about the job. Ever thought about starting your own thing or for at least some cash to help you survive while you job hunt? You have a good amount of viewers and advertising channels now. Maybe you can...
  16. D

Alignment specs after WALK install

Car is lowered on DG springs. Tyrolsport Deadset collars up front. Stock shocks. 18x8 ET45 wheels with 225/40 tires at 38 psi. Rear sway bar also if that matters. Daily driver and I really only go mountain carving once every few months at most. Other than that it's normal streets and on ramps...
  17. D

Basketball Shoes?!?! WHO KNOWS THERE SHOE GAME!

Since you're playing outdoor more than indoor yeah, stick to something cheap. All the higher end performing shoes like Kobe's, KD 8's etc are more for the indoor players. Crazy good traction and stability but the materials don't last outdoors. Got any outlets near you? Last year models of the...
  18. D

The Next Car Swap

New car, new itches to scratch huh? Sorry to hear but at least you have a pretty solid idea of what it is you want now after all the experimenting.
  19. D

The Next Car Swap

New car, new itches to scratch huh? Sorry to hear but at least you have a pretty solid idea of what it is you want now after all the experimenting.
  20. D

The Next Car Swap

How long does blow drying the car take you usually? I assume if you have a good coat of wax the water flies off a bit easier too and speeds things up.