GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

FS: Unitronic downpipe w/ o2 spacers, Vibrant resonator

$350 OBO. Willing to ship if you want to pay for it. Located in San Francisco Bay Area. De-modded a little down to stage 1 so I'm selling this. I've tried SPM and AWE - IMO neither can touch the Unitronic downpipe in ease of install, fitment and long-term quality. Fits MK6 GTI's, possibly MK5...
  2. D

Bad turbo? Exhaust leak?

This sound started happening about a week ago. No change in how much or how hard I've been driving the car. 2012 with 70k miles. APR stage 2, Unitronic intake and downpipe. High pitched squealing noise that sounds like a belt slipping - if you know what sounds like. The squeal gets quickly...
  3. D

WTB: Neuspeed RSe05 or WTT: Neuspeed RSe12

Prefer California local sell/trade but can talk shipping. Silver or Gunmetal RSe05 17x8 ET45 preferred. Unless you're selling your variation at a good price :w00t: Open to trades for my existing Neuspeed Rse12 18x8 ET45. Daily driven for 6 years. Slight dent in one that doesn't affect how...
  4. D

Suspension Noise ID Help

2012 GTI. 55K total miles. Roughly 35K with DG springs and 034 strut mounts. 10K with Koni orange shocks (stocks had slow leak). Tyrolsport deadset kit. Energy Suspension dogbone mount insert. WALK kit. No sign of noise until this past weekend. Noise quickly became as regular as road noise. Can...
  5. D

Is this my rear sway bar creaking?

Creaking? Clunking? Not sure what the official term is but my car sounds like its riding on styrofoam almost and makes a fairly loan creaking noise as I go over speed bumps or a big enough road imperfection like dips or a manhole cover. Hotchki RSB that I just relubricated maybe a month ago via...
  6. D

Alignment specs after WALK install

Car is lowered on DG springs. Tyrolsport Deadset collars up front. Stock shocks. 18x8 ET45 wheels with 225/40 tires at 38 psi. Rear sway bar also if that matters. Daily driver and I really only go mountain carving once every few months at most. Other than that it's normal streets and on ramps...
  7. D

WTB: Stock Exhaust Sleeve

Also referred to as a dual clamp. Connects the downpipe to the cat back exhaust section. OEM part #1K0253141N I can buy it online for about $27 shipped. Hoping that someone local to me in the Bay Area, CA has one they want to get rid of?
  8. D

Muffler dent and stain removal

Noticeable dent on muffler can. Would that affect sound or reliability at all? If so, anyone have ideas on how to get it out without ruining it? I found a few ideas on Google but wanted to ask around here also. Also, I've used wadding polish on the tips and gotten most of the carbon gunk out...
  9. D

SF Bay Area side window repair?

Some mofo who will have hell to pay one day if Karma gods are good ... Smashed both of my rear door glass windows. Pulled my seat down and snatched my MacBookPro and everything else in my backpack. So pissed. Is there any concern over what brand glass is used to replace the side windows? I've...
  10. D

Discount Tire sale

Too bad there isn't anything special going on for Michelin's right now. But anyways, there are a few brands I've read about here on the forum. Any of these look like a good deal to jump on? My stock tires are about 10k away from needing to be replaced so I'd like to jump on a steal if I can...
  11. D

CA owners: Throwback Legacy Plates

Saw this on the news just now. If my car wasn't white ( white plates blend in best with white paint ), I would spend a little to get in on this: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/index.htm.
  12. D

Haven't been to a car show in years but ...

If this is an example of the attendees' IQ level then I'm staying away forever. _z2K2lCgbXw - Why are you trying to drive up that if your car is obviously too low? - Why are you trying again if your car already told you no? - Why are you going up so fast on your 3rd try? - Why didn't your girl...
  13. D

Digital multimeter / hard wiring help

Trying to hard wire into accessory power only at this point. So I don't want it to have any power when the car is off, only when I have it started or in accessory position. Got a freebie multimeter pictured below but am not sure how it works. I'm trying to find a fuse position that does what I...
  14. D

Removing exhaust paste

After being told that I had a slight exhaust leak by the turbo flange/gasket area, I'm going to be taking my AWE downpipe off for a thorough inspection and peace of mind this weekend. Hope its just a blown gasket or that I didn't tighten the nuts up enough. Previous owner of my downpipe put...
  15. D

WTB: Lower front bumper support plastic 5K0805903B

Looking for OEM part # 5K0805903B Sometimes shown as 5K0805903B9B9 It's the part that's on the underside of the front bumper. Front bumper lower retaining clips attach to this part. Part provides support and mounting points. Used or new doesn't matter as long as it's in good shape. Scrapes are...
  16. D

Opinions Wanted: Outward Facing Magnaflow Tips

To each their own and I'm going to do what ultimately I prefer here but just fishing for some thoughts and opinions on 4" Magnaflow tips mounted at an angle facing outwards instead of the traditional straight back orientation. At certain angles I like how it follows the valence and the bumper...
  17. D

FS: 42DD 42 Draft Designs CBE Catback Exhaust

SOLD! Just picked this CBE up from another member a few weeks back but have decided to go back to the stock CBE. I mounted it and drove for no more than 25 miles before I uninstalled it. This is so unused that the insides of the pipes have little to no build up on them still. This is 42DD's...
  18. D

FS: SPM Street Cat Back Exhaust CBE

FS: SPM street cat back. 9-10k miles on it. Street CBE system consists of: SPM Street mid pipe resonator section SPM Street dual rear muffler section SPM Cat back adapter to mate to stock downpipe or aftermarket downpipe with reducer end 2 x Clampco v-band clamps Price: $525 Local pickup...
  19. D

Tire Sealant

Found a giant screw in my tire earlier and had to get it patched up. This is about the 3rd or 4th one I've gotten in my tires over the past 2 years or so. Buddy helped me patch it up at his shop but told me to look into tire sealant. Slime or Ride On are brands he mentioned to me. Basically...
  20. D

Ken Box Gymkhana (Ken Block parody)

Fun video! Anyone own a Crazy Cart? Drift machine that goes ~10 mph and 40 min runtime on rechargeable battery. sKOaF7esBFY