GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ToMMyGuN

OEM VW Queensland 17" Wheels and NEW Goodyear Rubber

OEM VW "Queensland" 17 inch "diamond silver" wheels with new Goodyear Eagle Sport all season tires mounted and balanced. Tire size is 225/45R17, wheels have a 5x112mm bolt pattern (will fit most modern VW, Audi, and BMW cars). Offset on the wheels is ET54. Wheels are solid 7.5 out of 10, with...
  2. ToMMyGuN

OEM VW Helix 17" Wheels with NEW Continental Rubber

OEM VW "Helix" 17 inch gunmetal (called "Anthracite" by VW) wheels with brand new Continental ContiProContact all-season tires (less that 100 miles on them!). Tire size is 225/45R17, wheels have a 5x112mm bolt pattern (will fit most modern VW, Audi, and BMW cars). Offset on the wheels is ET43...
  3. ToMMyGuN

RossTech VCDS (VagCom) Micro-Can MINT $200

Hello all, I've got a VCDS Genuine RossTech cable for sale. It's Micro-CAN, and in great shape. First $200 gets it (including shipping in lower 48).
  4. ToMMyGuN

2012 MK6 GTI Autobahn, 40k miles, MN Area - $14.5k

Up for sale is my 2012 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn (mk6). The Autobahn model represents the most loaded GTI from the factory, and I've added quite a few things to make this car even sweeter. It is time for me to move on to something bigger due to an increasing family size, and everything on the car...
  5. ToMMyGuN

To flip or not to flip, that is the question

So I need some help from the GolfMK6 community - I bought a truck recently at an insurance auction for a third vehicle. The way the clerk wrote up the MN title, I think there is a chance for it to come back clean (the truck was salvaged for hail damage, which is very difficult to see - long...
  6. ToMMyGuN

It's official - 2015 Chevrolet SS to get Mag. Ride and a stick

It's the GXP reborn!! According to the official 2015 ordering guide that was published on July 17th, the SS gets magnetic ride control as STANDARD, has a 6 speed manual as an option (with 3.70 rear end), and comes with MyLink 4gLTE as standard. Rejoice, Holden/v8 RWD lovers. For if you plan on...
  7. ToMMyGuN

Manual Chevy SS with mag-ride coming?

Check it, yo: http://m.motortrend.com/wot/1404_we_hear_2015_chevrolet_ss_getting_manual_transmission_magnetic_ride_control.html Sweet!
  8. ToMMyGuN

AC System Cleanse DIY - Out with the Foot Smell

My AC system smelled slightly like dirty, dank feet/socks. If you google this, you will find this is a common problem with mk6's. There are two things that cause this - a stanky cabin air filter and mold/bacteria accumulating on the AC evaporator. Fixing the first problem is easy (replace your...
  9. ToMMyGuN

DIY: TSI Valve Cleaning in detail (Get Rid of That Carbon!)

Valve Cleaning DIY - MK6 GTI (applicable to all TSI engines, probably FSI engines, and other Direct Injection motors with carbon build up on the intake valves) Here is what my valves looked like after 16.5k miles: (NOTE: there is no need to do this at 16.5k miles. I had a stuck injector...
  10. ToMMyGuN

Diverter Valve operation time / noise?

Yo dudes, I recently have been hearing a new noise in my car. When I accelerate from about 15 mph to ~40 mph amd go through about 1500 - 3500 rpm (not super hard acceleration) I hear a noise coming from what sounds like the general area of the intake (lower left of engine bay when driving). It...
  11. ToMMyGuN

What's Your Single Favorite Mod?

We all (well most of us) have done multiple modifications to our car. What if you had to give up all of your modifications but one? Let's get some discussion going! Answer these simple questions: 1.) Above all else, what is the one modification you have made to your mk6 that is your...
  12. ToMMyGuN

Question for those with KESSY - is this my OEM valet key?

All - I am rebuilding a salvaged GTI (check the link in my sig for the build thread), and I am in a bit of a pickle - the car has KESSY (it's a '12 Autobahn), and I am trying to figure out if the key that came with the car is the factory valet key. From some reading/searching, I know the...
  13. ToMMyGuN

Bringing an MK6 back from the grave - My Mk6 Story

Hello all. I have been following this forum for years, and decided to finally join tonight. This is post numero uno for me. I have always admired the GTI for its blend of sport, luxury, and practicality. I remember watching as the MK6 was revealed, and remember lusting after one for most of my...