GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DerekKanarek

Forge Twintercooler Install Help

I picked up a used forge twintercooler with the hoses for it and I was wondering if you need the usually included screws and brackets to install it on the mk6 gti because I don't have them. Has anyone done the install and know if you need them or does it just bolt up to the stock intercooler...
  2. DerekKanarek

Very Random Issue, Need Help

I had my go pro mounted inside my windshield and I was unscrewing it off from the mount and the nut on the other side of it came off for some reason and fell directly down into that defroster vent, my luck. Is there anyway I can pop that vent off and get it or did it probably fall deep down...
  3. DerekKanarek

H&R 10mm Spacers w/ Extended Lugs

Looking to Sell a set of 5x112 10mm H&R Spacers, ran them for about 3k miles. Will include the extended lugs. Looking to get $80 shipped
  4. DerekKanarek

VWR Springs for Sale

Selling some VWR springs for MK6 GTI, approx 10k miles on them Looking to get $175+ shipping
  5. DerekKanarek

FS: Raceland Coilovers $150

Mk6 RaceLand Coil overs Have about 12,000 miles Good Condition, ride better than the ultimos by a huge gap. No rear struts. $150 + shipping
  6. DerekKanarek

Misfire with R8 Coil Packs. Bad injector?

Started my car up today to a low rough idle and a terrible exhaust smell followed by a blinking CEL. Turned the car off. Replaced stock coilpacks and still have the same problem. Car has 69k miles on and the engine/turbo only have about 28k miles on them. Any thoughts to what this could be?
  7. DerekKanarek

CEL After R8 Coil Pack Install

Recently replaced R8 Coil Packs & threw a P0010 code. Took Coil Packs out and reseated them again, turned on still the CEL. Drove to and from work in hope that I'd would go away. Everything seemed 100% fine. Wondering if I should get the code cleared or is there a bigger issue..
  8. DerekKanarek

Xbox One and PS4

Any people here play GTA 5 or AW add me on PS4! Psn: dhk620
  9. DerekKanarek

FS: Pwrhaus BOV Spacer

Bought from BFI & had it on for about a year with ZERO problems, just got bored of the noise. Sounds better than Forge & doesn't have the oil problem. $45 shipped.
  10. DerekKanarek

FEELER: 5 O.Z. Racing Ultraleggeras

I have 5 Ultraleggeras in Bright Silver (no tires). Specs are 18x8 et45 and weight 18.5lbs. Condition of the wheels are 8/10. 1 Wheel has super small bend that is repairable. I'd prefer to trade for another set of aftermarket wheels. These wheels new would go for $1,645 + shipping. I'd let these...
  11. DerekKanarek

Tire PSI for Lightweight wheels?

I'm running OZ ultraleggeras with stock tires on them. I was wondering what PSI I should use to prevent bends/damage to the wheel. I recently got a slight bend in one of them while at 36 PSI. I know VW recommends 38psi but I assume that is for stock wheels. Any input would help.
  12. DerekKanarek

Bent O.Z. Ultraleggera

Today after I got home I realized my front passenger side wheel had a decent bend in it. I'd like to know what my options are. Should I get it repaired or does that get rid of the structural integrity? I have a 5th wheel that has some curb rash on it. Would it be better to get that one fixed...
  13. DerekKanarek

FT: iPhone 5 32Gb & iPad 3 16GB

Looking for GTI parts I could add money on my end if needed, open to all offers. -Derek
  14. DerekKanarek

Sport mode or Manual better for acceleration?

What would be the best way to get get the fastest straight line acceleration with the DSG? thanks -Derek
  15. DerekKanarek

Intake with most HP Gain?

I know there probably is info on this somewhere but I've looked and couldn't find anything. I'm not tuned but want to get an intake that will actually make the car pull harder & faster. Thanks -Derek
  16. DerekKanarek

Speaker Blown?

My passenger side lower speaker seams to rattle loud whenever I play a song with heavy bass. It's just started to do this and is only that speaker. Stock system not dynaudio. Is it blown? And if so is that covered by warranty? thanks -Derek
  17. DerekKanarek

VIN locations on Body Panels?

Was wondering if there was a guide to see where the VIN numbers are on each panel of the MK6 GTi I've had a bunch of shit happen with mine and I feel like it was in an accident but just wasn't reported to carfax or the insurance. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -Defek
  18. DerekKanarek

Modifiy Stock DP?

Is it possible for a muffler shop modify the stock downpipe for better flow/louder sound? If so what would they do? Thanks -Derek
  19. DerekKanarek

How old are you?

I'm 17..
  20. DerekKanarek

How long should OEM Suspension last?

I just hit 50k miles about a week ago and just got me thinking how long should the stock suspension last? I tried searching through here and vortex and nothing was really that helpful. So my questions are: 1. How long SHOULD the stock suspension last? 2. How would I know if I needed to replace...