GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. syonxwf

K04 Low Output Dyno

Edit: for those that can't see the picture, 313whp/344wtq (technically 312.97, I'm rounding that the fuck up lol!) Haven't seen too many of these, so I wanted to post this up for those unlucky enough to have weak valve springs; you too can make good power! My list of mods in my signature below...
  2. syonxwf

Custom Catback "Review" - Switched from Magnaflow

Just thought I might share a few notes on my recent-ish change in exhaust. I went K04 in December, and immediately began to hate my exhaust. It was tingy, metallicish almost, and lost a lot of the deep tone that I had loved; an unfortunate side effect of adding so much more back pressure I...
  3. syonxwf

WTB: Leguna's, no tires

Looking to buy Leguna's, I don't want tires, just the wheels. Had a seller in one of my (somewhat) local groups, but the wheels he bought came damaged on arrival and they don't have any more in stock (they've been discontinued and I'm not patient :p), so I want to reach out on here to see if...
  4. syonxwf

FS - GFB DV+

Took it off the car when I went K04 and don't think I'm going to put it back on. Worked great while I had it. I'll grab some pictures when I get home. Approx 30k miles on it. Asking $80.
  5. syonxwf

Used Magnaflow Catback - MK6 GTI

$350 + buyer pays shipping, OBO I'll grab some photo's later when I feel like crawling on the ground to get them, nothing wrong with it though other than normal wear from use. No idea on the mileage, I've put at least 60k on it myself, and bought it used from another local GTI with no idea on...
  6. syonxwf

K04 Valve Float

Rather than rise a necro thread from 2-3 years ago, I'm going to make my own because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Just went K04 last weekend, and I appear to have valve float, but want to see if there is anything else I can try before going the spring route. I have not had a...
  7. syonxwf

Boost Pressure Control Valve P2261: Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

APR stage 2 GTI with test pipe file, and have been running the GFB DV+ for the last 2.5 years (bought it sometime in early to mid 2014 afaik). Lately my car started running a little funny, getting weird hesitation issues (when I punch it at around 60mph in 4th gear, it acts like it's going to...
  8. syonxwf

Passenger Window and Mirror Not Working Correctly

I'm looking to see if anyone has any idea what might be going on with my passenger window, or see if anyone else has had a similar issue. Since very early on in my cars life, either my passenger window and/or passenger side mirror has been malfunctioning in different ways (the driver side...
  9. syonxwf

CEL - P0303: Resolved

Well, I didn't even get a chance to post about this yet and it's already resolved, but figured I'd post it up in case anyone else has this issue. Coming home from the gym last Wednesday, I got stopped at a light and noticed my car sputtering and sounding like it was running on 3 cylinders...
  10. syonxwf

Interpreting Log File

Haven't ever logged my car, and even this isn't an actual vagcom log, but it was free and I'm not complaining. It was done through OBDII with the OBD Fusion app, and I feel the boost numbers are right about where they should be, but I don't know anything about Ignition Timing Advance, so I'm...
  11. syonxwf

Buying a 97 Jetta - Any Thoughts or Reservations?

Just wanted to see if I could get some opinions on this. Guy is selling it for $400, says he's pissed because he bought it for $1500 3 months ago, and it already tanked on him - clutch appears to be out. Motor runs strong (sounds good, I looked at it in person), doesn't appear to be leaking oil...
  12. syonxwf

FS: Used Carbonio Stage 1 + Stage 2 for CBFA

Trying to get a feeler out there to see if there is any interest for selling my intake. I am looking to get something a little louder, I feel like the APR intake is too quiet for me. Nothing wrong with the intake at all, nothing broken on it, it was installed once and has been only removed...
  13. syonxwf

Switching Intakes - Sound and Performance Question

I am currently rocking the APR Carbonio full intake, and while I love the carbon fiber look, I hate how quiet it is. I want to get an open air intake for the noise, but don't want the performance to suffer because of it. I have seen plenty of threads that talk about noise, but I haven't seen one...
  14. syonxwf

FS: OEM Throwout Bearing - GTI

I have the OEM throwout bearing that came with my original Southbend Stage 2 Clutch. It is the plastic variety, not the all metal one, and it has 35k miles on it. There is nothing wrong with it, I just wanted to replace it while I was in there (the clutch disc broke) so I didn't end up having to...
  15. syonxwf

UPDATE - WTF is wrong with my car / Clutch issue

Clutch finally came out of the car late last night, and it's a bizarre one :o Do you see it? I'll be honest, he sent me the picture and looking on my phone I thought to myself, What am I looking at? What's wrong? Close up. Oh...I see now. Wtf? Wait...where'd that piece go then?!?! Oh, here...
  16. syonxwf

WTF is wrong with my car...

I posted the other day that my throwout bearing was dead and had questions about replacing my clutch while I was in there. Tonight I had friends over because they wanted to help diagnose the issue, so when I get in my car to show them what was happening, my car started up and then went right...
  17. syonxwf

Throwout Bearing tanked - Replace clutch too?

I'll keep this short and sweet because I'm on my phone. Yesterday my TOB went tits up with no warning. Pulled out of my driveway and drove to the end up my road, clutched in, hear a strange tick/clank, and then nothing, clutch no longer disengages. Clutch is currently a Southbend Stage 2 daily...
  18. syonxwf

Red Light Tickets Suck

I think it's because I stopped in the crosswalk, but I was only going 13mph as the light first went off as I was still two car lengths+ away from the line, with my foot clearly on the brakes continuing to slow, with an unimpeded view of the crosswalk. Yes I stopped in the crosswalk, no I did not...
  19. syonxwf

Red Light Tickets Suck

Lulz ok. All those lives I endangered, amirite? :thumbdown:
  20. syonxwf

Red Light Tickets Suck

I meant walking, didn't specify that well enough. If I see people walking at an intersection, I won't pull into the crosswalk at all until I've made sure they're not going to use it or be in it when I'm passing through it.