GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. erikras

WTS: Parting out my GTI - APR intercooler, intake, P3 Cars VIDI and MUCH MORE

WTS: Parting out my GTI - Endless MX-72 brake pads, UNIbrace XB, P3 Cars VIDI & MORE I'm moving and want this stuff gone! That doesn't mean I'll cave to lowball offers, but I'm motivated to get the bigger items out of my garage! I traded in my 2013 GTI 4 door DSG CBFA. I have the following...
  2. erikras

Hard downshift causing P030x misfire codes?

Driving home from work the other night doing about 65mph, some ricer in a Cobalt tried passing me. It wasn't happening. Stomped on the gas, activated the kick down switch, got a hard downshift, then suddenly the check engine light came on. Car drove completely fine the remaining 20 miles home...
  3. erikras

FS: VW Driver Gear Springs (4dr DSG)

I had these springs on my car for only 9 months before upgrading to a full coil over kit. They're in excellent shape. $175 shipped to the lower 48.
  4. erikras

FS: Unibrace RB (Red)

I purchased a brand new Unibrace RB in red from the manufacturer and have never bothered installing it. Includes all the hardware and ships in the original box. $225 shipped to the lower 48. http://unibrace.com/product/series-rb/rb/
  5. erikras

TV Repair Question

Anyone here have any experience repairing LCD/LED TV's? My girlfriend has a 2 1/2 year old LG 47" 47LV440-UA that is now displaying either a solid blue/purple rectangle or a distorted image in the same location. This TV only really has a power supply PCB, and a main board PCB in addition to the...
  6. erikras

Costco gas quality?

I just got a Costco membership last week. Their 93 Octane is significantly cheaper than the Sunoco that I usually run. As of 2014, Costco is bragging that their gas is Top Tier (mostly a marketing gimmick). Before I go waste money on a full tank and log timing correction factor with VAG Com...
  7. erikras

Saw a Chrysler TC "by Maserati" on the road today...

I'm a car guy. I love cars. One hardly gets past me on the road that I can't recognize. If someone suddenly blindfolded me while I was driving, I could probably tell you the make, model, and approximate year of every car around me. Driving home from work today I saw what I thought was a...
  8. erikras

More subframe woes!

Back in June I installed the TyrolSport Dead Set kit and all new OEM bolts in my front subframe. All was good for a few weeks until I took it to a track day at Mid-Ohio on July 7. I got a really minor clunk when taking fast, hard corners. Ever since then, it's been down hill from there. Now it...
  9. erikras

Kickdown Switch - Am I the only one who didn't know about it?

I bought my GTI last August and have racked up over 16k on the clicker. I had heard mention of the kickdown switch in a couple of threads, but never really bothered to think about it. Even having done two track days with the car, I never activated it. Last night I was reading about it in a...
  10. erikras

2014 NE Ohio Track Days - Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges

After purchasing my GTI last August, I got it on the track once last fall at Nelson Ledges and had a blast. Surprisingly, I was only 1 of 2 VW's at an event with ~150 cars! How many of you could be interested in hitting the track a few times this summer? Here are a few that I'm tentively...
  11. erikras

Uneven front camber after SuperPro ALK Install

My buddy who is a VW tech installed my SuperPro anti lift kit LCA mounts, Driver Gear Springs, and sway bars for me. This meant, of course, dropping the front subframe. After he got it all back together, he couldn't get the camber equal on the left and right. Left: -1.16deg (-1deg 10min)...
  12. erikras

Porsche Boxster NQSBBK with 18" Laguna wheels

I've Googled and Googled until I couldn't Google anymore and can't find an answer to this... I'm considering the Porsche Boxster NQSBBK brake upgrade. Does anyone know if these calipers will fit under the Laguna wheels without spacers? And I'm guessing that I'm SOL with my 16" alloy winter...
  13. erikras

Who has actually installed an LSD in their 02E DSG?

I've got it stuck in my head that my GTI needs a LSD. HS Tuning is pretty close to me and sells the Peloquin units. I've found plenty of threads here and elsewhere on the interwebs of people talking about how they've had one installed for them. Has anyone here actually done the job them self...
  14. erikras

The Most (un)Epic Daily Driver Build Thread

**** CAR HAS BEEN SOLD AS OF OCTOBER 2016 **** I purchased my 2013 GTI Driver's Edition DSG in Carbon Steel Grey in August 2013 to replace a 2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X that was killing me on gas. In April '13 I took a new job that increased my daily commute from zero (I worked from home) to...
  15. erikras

Who else got screwed over by UPS this Christmas?

Way to drop the ball, UPS! I really hope Amazon's contract with UPS allows them to seek reimbursement for monetary damages. I had two separate Amazon orders due be delivered 12/24. One (order placed 12/19) was apparently delayed in UPS's system and never showed any tracking progress until...
  16. erikras

UNIbrace Nutsert Woes - Drill it out or Helicoil / Time-Sert it?

I finally got around to installing my UNIbrace XB from the group buy. What a PITA! Bruce makes an excellent product and put together pretty descent instructions. (Although a separate set of instructions for the MkVI would be nice rather than referring back and forth between the generic and the...
  17. erikras

Remote Start with CAN Bus Interface

Winter is fast approaching and if there's one thing I'm going to miss having, it's going to be a remote start. (I already bought snow tires!) I'm trying to piece together a system that'll be relatively easy to install. I've installed alarms, remote start systems, and such before but never on a...
  18. erikras

Automotive Shops Suck

Let me start off by saying that I'm a former ASE Master Tech and have worked in a shop. I understand mistakes happen. It's how you deal with them that will cause you to lose a customer or earn repeat business. My 2013 VW GTI Driver's Edition picked up a nail in one of her rear tires the other...
  19. erikras

My email to VWoA regarding the RNS-315

Maybe I'm overreacting, but here's the email I sent to VWoA this evening:
  20. erikras

H&R 26/22mm or 28/24mm Sway Bar Set

My GTI is my daily driver and I don't want to destroy the ride comfort or add too much NVH. For now, I'm planning on leaving the stock springs and struts in place. The only additional upgrades I plan are the SuperPro ALK control arm mounts and bushings to add 0.5deg of caster. I do the...