1. TheMKVI

The Official Gun Thread

No one mentioned the FN .45s
  2. TheMKVI

The Official Gun Thread

I don't see why?
  3. TheMKVI

The Official Gun Thread

Got my PPQ 9mm back from Robar Coatings. NP3 on internals and Poly T2 in gunmetal on the slide/slide lever. It appears they didn't coat the rails on the frame, even though I have seen them do this on a Glock. I also didn't realize the mag release button was going to be coated, I thought it...
  4. TheMKVI

The Official Gun Thread

Who did the refinishing? That frame looks like it has a nickel based coating. My PPQ has off at Robar since March getting the Teflon embedded electroless nickel plating.
  5. TheMKVI

POLE - Biggest group of douches?

I wanted to vote people who walk around with cell phones glued to their ears but then I remembered they drive BMWs and wear Ed Hardy
  6. TheMKVI

Apartments, Girfriend's Pets, and Advice

That's true that certain breeds have increased statistical risk of violence, but correlation =/= causation. Also, there's an interaction effect where breeds with violent genetic tendencies combined with owners who display violent behaviors are more likely to become violent. Finally, all breeds...
  7. TheMKVI

Wow thank you, I will look into this :thumbsup:
  8. TheMKVI

You still have pay for a house, they just double the square footage for free. Energy companies love it because they can rape you come the August electric bills. :laugh: Personally, I'd rather own 1500 sq feet in a downtown Austin highrise than a 7500 sq foot McMansion. I have never been big...
  9. TheMKVI

No, but the downside to that option is breach of contract, loss of deposit, and the possibility of being evicted at the whim of management. It is difficult to judge how strictly these breed rules will be enforced given how new the complex is. Then again, the reward might severely outweigh the...
  10. TheMKVI

The problem is that 2 bedroom/2 bath houses are going for at least 20% more than an apartment like this, they also make major compromises on the inside (I need that superior interior lol) as well as the location being less than ideal, they are much larger so bills increase and they take more...
  11. TheMKVI

Has anyone else had experience finding apartments that allow for all breeds? specifically Rottweilers/Dobermans? Since I am finally getting my diploma in May, I am looking for an apartment to move in with my girlfriend and working for the next year while I apply for graduate and law schools...
  12. TheMKVI

Haters be hatin' - You least favourite car stereotype driver

-For one, the Stage 1 GTI has no top end, pretty much the opposite of a stock BMW which is going to have a flat curve. The whole 270lb ft occurs way too soon which makes for great daily driver but a poor racecar when you're making nothing between 5000 and 6500rpm. -For two, the BMW has an 8...
  13. TheMKVI

If you don't own a BMW under warranty or an M it doesn't count.
  14. TheMKVI

What is the least powerful car you've ever driven?

Street legal golf cart. I win! :D
  15. TheMKVI

Modded diesel trucks owned by people who don't actually need a truck.
  16. TheMKVI

1121whp C7 Corvette

It's technically emissions equipment right? :laugh:
  17. TheMKVI

1121whp C7 Corvette

Well the 4 cylinder 4 stroke has been around a few years too... :D P.S. GM stepped away from cathedral ports when they went from LS2 to LS3 Wut? You know the C6Z got like 26 mpg hwy right? While GM was building SUVs the C6 corvette was raising GM's Corporate Average Fuel Economy. My 3700lb...
  18. TheMKVI

Glock/Sherriff Accidental Discharge

No, if you train disengaging safety's becomes part of the ingrained process of drawing and firing. The army trains soldiers to keep thier weapon on safe until they are ready to fire. When I was in we would practice dry firing all the time. And by that I mean moving the weapon from the low...
  19. TheMKVI

Glock/Sherriff Accidental Discharge

To err is human. Plan accordingly. Also, everyone thinks they are a better driver than they actually are. Same goes for handling weapons. That's an indisputable fact: above average effect. It's easy to criticize the sheriff for not noticing a drawstring, hindsight is 20/20. People do get...