GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Edition 35 Bumper ideas

Hi all, just took delivery of this brand new excess stock complete Ed 35 front bumper. Going to get it painted soon but need some suggestions on what sort of look to go for. Do I colour match the U around the honeycomb with the car (Steel Grey) or keep it OEM Edition 35 style as gloss black...
  2. A

Which Xenon housing looks best?

I've got a Steel Grey golf and I'm about to upgrade from halogens to OEM xenons. I'm going for a grey/black theme throughout which is important to consider; but I can't decide between the Chrome xenons with LED's or blacked out Golf R headlights. The blacked out R xenons would look better with...
  3. A

OEM Golf R Side Skirts

Hi, I own a '13 Golf TSI and I'm looking to add some OEM R side skirts. As my car has no existing side skirts, do I need some form of hardware i.e. mounting rails that I've seen with various kits. Here is a picture of the side skirts which I am just about to buy, are they ready to fit? if not...
  4. A

Will this trigger an airbag dash warning light

My drivers side seatbelt buckle has unfortunately broken so going to replace it tomorrow, just wondering if by replacing this it will trigger the airbag warning light on the dash? I'm thinking surely not as it has nothing to do with the airbags? don't have VAG-COM to hand so really hope not. Pic...
  5. A

Broken Seat Belt Buckle

Hi, I've recently been having problems where I was having the constant seat belt warning beep because the car wasn't recognising that the seatbelt was in. I had a a bit of a look and now the seat belt won't lock in at all. It just pops straight out. Is there a way I can fix this without getting...
  6. A

GTI - Fully loaded/high miles or base/low miles

Hi, looking to upgrade my MK6 TSI Golf to a GTI. Obviously very excited as I've been wanting one for 3 years but I'm only 18 so had a lot of saving to do. Now, I've had my eye on these two cars in my local area. The Edition 35 (2011) is obviously a lot nicer, much rarer, fantasic wheels, fully...
  7. A

RNS510 AUX/Bluetooth issues

When I'm connected to my rns510 with bluetooth and plug in an aux cord, it wont allow me to play through the aux option on the Media page, when I disconnect from bluetooth I can play through aux. Is this a setting or something? would get annoying if I needed to disconnect my bluetooth every time...
  8. A

Help with springs

Hi, I have no idea about anything suspension wise, but I want to lower my Golf from stock ride height with 16's on so I can fit 18's without it looking stupid, obviously I know it needs lowering. It's a 1.4 tsi Golf and im in the UK so options are quite limited, but I've seen this kit and it...
  9. A

Accident damage repair cost

I had a low speed collision yesterday in slow moving traffic, pics below showing damage. My insurance excess is £600, and I am pretty sure that the damage here wouldn't cost more than £600 so it probably isn't worth claiming on the insurance, I am thinking of just doing it myself. From what I...
  10. A

Most likely cause of this damage??

Walking to my car today and saw this. My car is filthy so it stood out like a sore thumb and could only have happened today. I can't work it out, has someone hit it? keyed it? Anyone able to work it out from the locations of the damage and where there are patches with no dirt?? the damage is so...
  11. A

Terrible heating on these cars

So, winter has arrived, and when my car is cold in the morning it takes around 20 minutes with the full heat on the windscreen to clear the mist. It also takes a 2-3 mile drive for the temperature to move from 0. Also whenever I take a sharp turn I get a horrible blast of freezing cold air even...
  12. A

3 door seats in a 5 door car

Have found these beautiful cloth R seats for a great price but they are for a 3 door car. My car is a 5 door Golf. Few questions: - Would they fit? - Any issues with the folding forward front seats in a 5 door car? - Would they look out of place with the lever on the seats? Cheers
  13. A

Younger GTI owners car payments

I've noticed there are lots of 17-21 year olds on here with GTI's (presumably still in college and not in full time employment), and I'm in the market to upgrade from a Golf to a GTI. How have you arranged your car payments? Directly through Volkswagen or is it a case of parents buying the car...
  14. A

Can anyone explain this?

:mad:
  15. A

Retrofitting sunvisor vanity lights?

I have a 1.4 TSI S which is a low trim level of the Golf, so it dosent have vanity lights. But there does seem to be the gap for them (hard to see in pic) Does anyone know if there will be the wiring in there, as I could buy the lights, or if not, would it be too difficult to wire them up...
  16. A

RNS510 install - PLEASE HELP

Hi, my RNS510 arrived today, and after paying just shy of £1k for it I refuse to pay a company who have quoted me £120 to FIT it... when it's literally plugging 3 wires into the back. However, I have come across a problem when I took my old headunit out. These are the only wires in the car -...
  17. A

Do I have an oil leak??

Just moved the car this morning from the side of the road to the drive and noticed a puddle of what looks like oil underneath. I looked under the bonnet to notice this... I'm very worried, car is out of warranty and I know nothing about cars so cant sort it myself. Whats the best thing to do...
  18. A

Golf R Armrest?

Been checking ebay everyday for months and still nothing has popped up, I guess not many R's get broken up for parts. Anyone know where I can buy the armrest, or even just the armrest cover actually. Cloth version not leather. Cheers Tom
  19. A

Worst looking MK6 you've ever seen?

Think I've found a winner... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-volkswagen-golf-2-0-tsi-r-4motion-5dr-dsg-bradford-fpa-201404103222306?logcode=p