GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Dealership Scam Letter

A few weeks ago I received a letter from my dealership, which was in the format of a printed e-mail. The letter used choice wording like my vehicle is a "top priority" vehicle and they have someone "very interested in purchasing it". It was "from" the GM of my dealership to some other...
  2. C

VAGCOM Unlock While Running - Remote Start

I got a Viper Smartstart installed on my '14 Drivers Edition today, and while I love it, I can not unlock my car with the factory remote while the car is running. I've scoured the VAGCOM, and found this thread here, but there is no clarification if it works with non-KESSY GTIs. Does anyone...
  3. C

Sunset Tint

Anyone been to Sunset tint in Rhode Island? If so, do you recommend it for tinting? Thanks!
  4. C

Dustoff 2014 - Über Counter-Culture?!?

So, if I cared, I'd be hoping this doesn't hurt too many feelings here on the board. If you're a sensitive little boy or girl who is going to cry to mommy, please walk away from this now, and just to be safe, avoid the internet at all costs. So, what the hell is up with the counter-culture of...
  5. C

Un-Knowledgeable Sales People

Also, when I went to purchase my last car (2006 Scion tC), the salesman pitched it to me at $18,500. It was a baseline tC with no options, 1 year old, and 40,000 miles on it. I literally laughed at him and told him he needs to do a lot better. He walked in, and came out saying $17,500. I...
  6. C

That is awesome Misael, For those of you that have test drove the WRX and STI; when the 2008 model first hit our shores in 2007, I went to test drive one, and they told me "Sure, but you need to put $3000 down just in case anything happens". Excuse me? I've test driven Audi's and BMW's (just...
  7. C

Technically it is keyless entry . . . In regards to the DSG, not only is this my first GTI or dual clutch vehicle, but it is my first automatic in 7 years. I think my problem was that I assumed "S" was the manual mode, nobody told me otherwise, and I didn't even consider the fact that the...
  8. C

Un-Knowledgeable is putting it nicely. My salesman was awesome at getting me into the GTI I wanted at a price I could afford, but he couldn't answer questions and wasn't very helpful. I asked him why they did away with the Keyless Entry for the 2014 model. His response? "It still has it!" as...
  9. C

VW Dealer Wax - 5 Years of Shine

In addition to the various packages I was offered when buying my car, such as extended warranties and the warranty for the wheels and tires, I was offered a package that I dubbed the "Miracle Wax" package. It provides a warranty against consumer-caused interior damages, as well a the so-called...
  10. C

APR Stage 1 Reassurance Please!

So I've searched high and wide, and all I can find for issues relating to APR's Stage 1 ECU flash are issues directly related to mishandling of the ECU. Has anyone heard of any issues, or had any issues themselves, directly related to the increase in power from the ECU flash? Blown turbos or...
  11. C

Rhode Island Dealers and Tuners

Hello All, As I am finishing up the endless haggling with my out of state dealer, I have a couple of questions! 1) Who is a mod-friendly dealer in Rhode Island? If there isn't one, who would be the closest to Providence? 2) Has anyone had work done at Banchwerks in Providence? I'll be going...
  12. C

Purchasing 2011 GTI

Hello All! New to the forums, and purchasing my GTI within the next few weeks! As I go ahead with this purchase (I just got approved for the loan today), I have a few questions! I imagine the forums occasionally get messages from fan boys that don't own the car and may never own the car. I'm...