GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Clutch Pedal Sticking Down

2010 GTI 133K miles I was driving around and my clutch pedal started sticking down but I was able to make it home before the pedal lost all resistance and became a permanent problem. I read that it could be few different things (master/slave cylinder, clutch cable, etc.) but the only problem is...
  2. C

Engine limited to 3800(ish) RPM in all gears

As stated occasionally my gti wont get past 3600-3800 RPM then I hit what seems like a rev limiter. The issue doesnt seem to happen on the first start of the day but only after its been run and restarted. As of right now I have replaced the camshaft position sensor which was reading about half...
  3. C

Engine hiccup followed by rev limit.

2010 130k miles mostly stock other than Cobb Catback and red top coil packs. Usually during cold weather I get normal acceleration up until about 3500 RPM I'll get a pretty noticeable hiccup and every once and a while the engine gets limited to around 4k-5k RPM and it seems to vary depending on...
  4. C

Misfire Cylinder 3 Gas On Plug

Today as I was driving about 30 or so miles my 2010 GTI started misfiring. I pulled over and made sure the plugs were in tight and the coil pack were seated, they were. Luckily I was close enough to limp it home (I know probably not the best idea). I got home and here was what I have done so...
  5. C

Stripped threads from intake manifold to head.

So long story short I was cleaning my intake valves and it turns out the previous owner or maybe a shop (because some shops are sketchy) had attempted this previously. I could tell by the missing throttle body mount and the few bolts on the boost charge pipe that were not screwed in. Anyway, as...
  6. C

GTI Starts Rough Idles Then Dies

Before I start I have seen the other posts on this topic, however they never really got a definite answer. So here I am posting another thread on this subject. (2010 GTI All stock except COBB catback exhaust) About 600 miles ago I cleaned the carbon off of my intake valves. I started it and it...